CHAPTER 1

Evelyn POV

The piercing sound of the alarm clock brought me back from the dead of sleep. I started to wriggle and stretch within my cosy, warm, haven that is my bed. The sun was beaming through my blinds causing me to stir. Usually, waking up was a simple task for me; I was a morning person after all. I groaned when the first beam of sunlight hit my face.

Picking up my alarm clock on my nightstand, I looked at the time. It was 8:40 AM which means I was going to be late for my college.

As I wake up, slowly pulling the comforter off me and grasping every last moment of comfort, I rub the sleep out of my eyes and groggily stand up, dizzy and not fully with the world.

Without wasting more time I walked to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and jumped into a warm shower. After bath I wore blue jeans and white top along with my white sneakers. I took my bag and ran for college. My college is only 10 minutes away from my flat.

I removed my phone from my bag as it was ringing

I removed my phone from my bag as it was ringing. "Mia" the name appeared on its screen.

"Where are you, Eve? Dont tell me you will be late today. Mrs. Nataliya will not allow you to enter the class if you come late and I cannot handle that boring lecture without you." Mia said.

" I am reaching there in 5 minutes. Bye " I cut that call without waiting for her reply and increased my pace.

It has only been a month since I have came to italy on a scholarship. I was raised in an orphanage as I lost my parents in a car accident when I was 9 years old. Since then the orphanage named 'Paradise' was my home. I have always been interested in studying. Luckily I got the scholarship and got an opportunity to come to italy. It was always a dream to come here.

I have always been an introvert person which sometimes make it difficult to mingle with people. But luckily on the first day of my college me and Mia became a good friends and within a week only our bond got stronger. I couldn't imagine surviving in this new country without her.

Mia belongs to a very rich family. Even though her family lives in Italy she lives on her own. Since childhood only Mia was leaving with her grandparents as her mother died in early childhood and her father was very busy in his business. After turning 18 she moved out of her grandparents house.

I ran through college hallways and reached in my class. Luckily Mrs. Natalia was not there. Before I could look for Mia I was engulfed in a strong hug.

"Thank god you are on time." Said Mia while almost crushing me in her arms.

"How can you think that I will let you suffer this hell of a lecture alone?"I said while pulling her towards our usual last seat. We took our seat.

" Ouch! What was that for?" Mia whimpered as I slapped her arm.

"Because of you I slept late. Isn't the day is enough for you to talk about Romanio that you made me listen about your hopeless crush and fantasies about him till 3 in the morning and after this you expect me to come on time for lectures.