You wanna have my eyes?

Roberto was sitting across from me, looking at me with excitement in his eyes.

"I guess you called me to talk about..."

"Gavi, yes!" I nodded, trying to stay serious. Yet, I couldn't help smiling because of him.

"Tell me everything! I'm all ears! And don't miss any detail!"

Ummm... I don't think you wanna know every single detail Roberto.

"Well...We ummm... We're dating for... quite some time now."

"Oh my..." he put hand over his mouth.

"I know what you wanna say..."

"How long?"

"What?"

"Are you dating?"

"A couple of months..."

"And you've been hiding this from me all this time?!" he asked offended.

"We didn't tell anyone. I told my parents this weekend."

"Oh Nolly... I can't believe it! I'm so happy for you! I knew that something was going on that day when I saw him here, but I couldn't say anything. And I didn't want to bother you, although you know that I wanted to ask you then."

"Yeah I know.. But I told you now."

"I'm so happy for you! Gavi is a good guy, I can tell that by the way he looks at you. And you deserve someone like him!"

"And he's a Barca player." I added seeing his happy face.

"Listen to me Nolly... Try to keep him and marry him one day. His look is more than 10 and his soul is the the one for you."

"Thanks Roberto... I'll try to keep him!" I giggled at him. He was right though.

"So... How is it going with him?"

"Good! He's...a great guy! I mean, I've never been with someone who loves me as much as he does."

"That's great! You know... I'm so proud of you Noa." he suddenly said.

"Thanks, but why is that all of a sudden?" I asked confused.

"I have to be honest with you. You're really like my daughter and I care about you more than I care about myself."

"Roberto... You know that you're like my father. When no one was there for me, when I was alone... you were there to help me. To be there for me!  And I want to thank you for that... and for everything that you're done for me. I don't know how can I repay you."

"You don't have to repay me. The only thing I want from you is to never give up and always have that smile on your face. Please... Never let others make your smile disappear. People don't deserve someone like you. I'm telling you this like Mario would and I'm sure that he did."

"I know that... I don't care what other people think. I only care about you guys. My family, friends. That's all I need."

He smiled at me with warm look in his eyes. I don't know how to explain it, but it felt like... Home...

"You're the modest and sweetest girl I've ever seen Noa... You only deserve the best things in life!"

***

We were working until 10pm. It was time to close the restaurant, but first, to clean the whole place. When the last guest left, we all started cleaing restaurant.

Alex was washing the dishes and putting them into dishwasher. Torry was cleaning the kitchen, while Philip was cleaning the tables. Hope was helping him since Fernando is not back yet. I was responsible to throw the trash out.