After speaking, he brushed past me, leaving me heated in anger. I glared at the spot he had been standing and raised my gaze when the door to the conference room opened. Henry stepped out and a flood of all the things he was came to me. Murderer, manipulator, a bastard, a criminal, etcetra. I hated him the more I stared at his face. It was a miracle that I did not hate the face he shared with my father.

When his eyes met mine, at the back of my head, I swore to destroy him. I would go to lengths to destroy him for hurting me, dad and mom. The bastard had been the one hurting mom, hitting her and forcing her into submission, no matter how many times she wanted a divorce. The images of her bruises made me mad.

"Do you want something... son?" The term sounded so condescending.

I gritted my teeth and turned away from him. If I continued to look at him, I would do something that would put me in prison.

| | |

After work, I went home to the small apartment I had rented a few drives away from the company building. As I closed the door, I got a whiff of a delicious meal wafting the air. My stomach grumbled at the aroma. I dropped my work bag by the door and untied my tie then made my way to the kitchen. I smiled at the sight of Maddie leaning over a steaming pot. She looked at me and smiled back.

"Welcome!"

I made my way to where she was standing and peeped into the pot. My mouth watered at the content of the pot bubbling before I snatched up a piece of chicken wings from the bowl beside the pot. She glared at me and I shrugged.

"Did you even wash your hands?" She asked with narrowed eyes.

"I'll be fine," I said with another shrug.

My eyes darted to the entrance of the kitchen when a sleepy looking Axel appeared. He rubbed his eyes as he strolled into the kitchen, hair scattered and bare chest having sleep lines on them. As he went around the dining table in the center of the small kitchen, I noticed Maddie out of the corner of my eyes, staring at him. I fully look at her and saw blush stains on her cheeks. I smirked and glance at Axel who was now drinking a glass of water. There were some droplets of water rolling down the side of his mouth and I quickly glanced back at Maddie. Her lips were parted and in her eyes was a hungry glaze.

Maddie was attracted to my brother and that made me almost choke on a flesh of my chicken wing. I never saw that coming.

Axel has been staying with me for the past months and Maddie was living with us too. Not always though. Only on the weeks she was in New York. They had met last month and I never truly focused on them. This would be interesting.

"How was work?" Axel asked and approached us, making the girl beside me tense up.

"It was the same... Having to see the devil's spawns for five days. Thank God today is Friday," I replied and he grinned.

"Whatcha' cooking?" Axel asked and went over to Maddie. He stood very close to her, making me see her eyes widen and cheeks flush.

"I..." She cleared her throat. "I am making this new recipe I saw online."

Axel grabbed the spoon over her hand and dabbed some of the broth onto his palm. I almost burst out laughing at the panicked look on her face. Either Axel was aware of her attraction and was getting a reaction out of her or he wasn't. Either way, they were funny. Was this how I was with Jackie?

At the thought of the only woman I was madly in love with, I sighed and tossed the chicken bone into the trash then wiped my hand with a hand towel. I walked out of the kitchen and started making my way the bedroom I shared with Axel on the days Maddie was around.