Seventeen

|||

"How the fuck did that happen?"

The movie was paused now and Lucas was on his feet, anger on his face.

"That apartment is a hundred percent secure. Before I rented one for you and your baby, I knew what I was doing. So, how the fuck did you get robbed and beaten?" He asked in anger.

I was sitting on the loveseat, the blanket still wrapped around me. Even though I didn't trust and like Cindy, I was worried for her and the child. Lucas' anger wasn't necessary right now.

"Call the cops. I can't come there," he said and ended the call. "Fucking hell. What kind of problem is this?"

"What happened? Who was that?" Evangeline asked, looking between every one of us.

"What happened, Lucas?" Axel asked. "The Cindy you were talking to, is she Josh Edgewood's cousin?"

Lucas sighed. "Yes... It's her and according to her, the child she is with or gave birth to is mine."

"Wow," Evangeline said.

"What the fuck?" Axel said in shock. "That can't be possible. Even I know that you use protection whenever you fuck your girls when you bring them to the mansion back at home. How did she get pregnant? Jackie, did you know this?"

From my peripheral, I could see the three pairs of eyes on me. I didn't look at any of them and only nodded.

"Are you sure it's your child?" Barry asked.

"What they said," Evangeline said, pointing at Barry.

"I don't know. I've been frustrated since she arrived in Atherton and told me this. I've not been able to sleep well at night because I keep trying to remember if I used protection, which I was sure I used. I'm just angry at myself and ever since she came, I haven't even given my woman my attention like that, and it fucking hurts."

I could feel his annoyance from where I sat and I rose to my feet and approached him. I took his hands and squeezed them.

"Relax, baby," I said and he sighed. "I'm still here with you, right? The only way to find out if the child is yours or not is in three weeks and I'm sure by then, our questions can be answered. Right now, you need to go see if Cindy and that child are fine. Whether you like it or not, there's a child with her and he's important."

He cupped my cheek and smiled softly.

"Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded.

Lucas dropped his hand and kissed my forehead before entering the house. I wrapped my arms around my chest and sighed.

"Jackie."

I heard Evangeline behind me and turned around.

"Yeah?"

She had a suspicious look on her face and I didn't need anyone to tell me that she could not see what was going on in my head about Cindy.

"You don't enjoy what's happening, right?"

My shoulders slumped, choosing to remain silent. She hugged me and I relaxed on her body.