Angst Scaramouche x Reader

"Unreciprocated love"

(Art isn't mine)

Y/N's Pov:
For every moment I spend with you the more I fall in love. Yes it may seem rather crazy to fall in love with someone who's part of the Fatui, the most meanest one at that but there's a side of him that brings me feelings I haven't felt in a while. I love you so much, but come to find out you love someone else, someone else who's probably much more greater than me. Green locks, naturally pretty, and definitely smart, or..at least that's what it looks like. I already knew I didn't have a chance with you but I never expected you to fall in love with another girl, let alone anyone in general. Even after hearing all of this I still have love for you, Scaramouche so please, please come through because I'm getting tired of this one sided love I have.

3rd Person Pov:

Childe knew about the whole thing and suggested that Y/N just stop and move on but Y/N is too stubborn and attached to him. Currently Y/N was in Scaramouche's room working on his papers while he was busy doing who even knows what but you didn't question what he does. You were too focused on doing what you were told to do that the loud sound of the door opening caught you by surprise, actually scaring you and making you jump and drop some papers. Turning your attention to the doorway you were met with those gorgeous violet eyes you fell in love with, but hearing what he requested next made you slump and sigh, snapping out of your thoughts due to thinking you had no hope.

"Y/N I need you to go find me the most gorgeous flower in this nation you think you can find and bring it back to me as soon as possible, I need to give my loyal one something beautiful, it's just a reward for being the way she is" he said as he tilted his hat down to try and cover the blush that had painted his cheeks and the smile that slowly appeared on his face but you know Scaramouche by now and why he does that on rare occasions.

You were honestly so tired of hearing about it, "Go get this for my loyal one" "My loyal one is so loyal to me" you know giddy shit like that, but you couldn't say a damn word. You should be happy for Scaramouche because yes you do love him but something tells you that he'd be better off without that girl and it's not out of jealousy.

A lovely time skip

You had finally retrieved the flower back to Scaramouche and to be honest it damn near took you 2 hours. When you gave the flower to Scaramouche he examined it and knew that it was a Sumeru Rose.

"And why did you pick this flower?" He asked

"Well I just think roses are not only beautiful but also a symbol of love, I think it would be perfect for this person you speak of"

"Hm, is that so? Then in that case..it may not be the prettiest but she'll know about my love for her through this" he said placing the rose into a small pot then putting dirt and just the right amount of water for it. Once he was done he held the plant in his hands and went on his way to see her. Once he was gone you couldn't contain your composure for long and slumped down on his bed, struggling to hold back the tears so it won't stain the covers. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse you then heard a knock on the door and when you opened it you saw that it was Childe who immediately knew that something was off. You've been like this long enough for him to know so he sat on the floor with you in silence letting you get the tears out that flooded from your eyes from holding them back before. After a while you had stopped sobbing and he asked you:

"Y/N I don't understand, I know moving on is going to be hard but you need to, this might get you in trouble but you need to leave, I'll help you okay? Because the more time you're with him the more I know it's hurting you so please think about this not for me as your friend but also for yourself and Scaramouche"

You stopped for a moment, taking it into consider but quickly shaking your head and dismissing it.

"It's no use, I'll just come running back to him"

"You'll run back if you don't keep your mind off of him Y/N, come on Y/N I can't stand seeing you like this anymore even this hurts me"

Once again you thought and thought until you stopped at the part where Childe said for all three of you. You realized that you were in fact getting bad and maybe running away wouldn't be too bad.

"But what if the Fatui find me?"

"Don't worry Y/N I've got you covered okay?"

"Okay.."

More time skip

When Scaramouche finally got back after 2 days he went to the room to ask you a favor but instead was greeted with every single piece of items in his room organized and actually spotless for the first time without him having to make a correction, the only thing missing was you. He called out your name multiple times but never got a response. He then tried to ask the other Fatui members about your whereabouts but never got the answer he was looking for. He grumbled, starting to get a bit pissed off because this request was important to him but when he checked his room thoroughly this time he looked on his dresser and found a note. When he read the note his heart dropped. You left him, and usually it wouldn't be a big deal to lose one of his servants but for some odd reason when it came to you it made his heart crumble into pieces. He didn't understand what was going on and next thing he knew he saw a tear drop fall down onto the paper. Why was he crying? Why did this hurt him so much? He wanted to find you, he NEEDED to find you. Since he already had the gnosis he could just run away like he planned but now he's gonna have to look for you on the run too. He read the note one more time, feeling even more hurt before getting up and making his way out of the (whatever the fuck that place is the fatui stays at idk) Fatui base secretly.

Okay this is only part 1 there's gonna be like much more angst in the second one, also I stayed up so yeah I'm posting this tonight

Hi-Shela Ledin