Chapter 39: I Miss You

Jermaine (Tank)

Tank sat outside of Drex Hall as he waited for Nell to come down. He stuffed his hands inside his black Moncler coat since it was the end of January and it had been getting colder.

Why you ain't just come in? Tank heard Nell ask from behind.
I forgot my I.D. but what's up with you tho? He asked as he read her weird body language.
Nell blew smoke from out of her cheeks before telling him the news. I didn't plan on telling you this so soon, but since you already here I might as well... Tank crossed his arms over his chest as he gave Nell his undivided attention.
I think I'm pregnant. She hesitantly said waiting for his reaction.
Tank let out a chuckle as he took a seat on the bench that was outside. You think you pregnant or you know you pregnant Janelle? Nell waited a few seconds before answering his question.
I mean I did take a pregnancy test and it came back positive, but those test could be faulty sometimes so I'm not 100% sure yet. She said as she sat beside him. She took the test out of her fuzzy blue hoodie pocket and handed it to Tank.
Ain't no making sure. You pregnant. Tank said, smiling at the two lines on the test.
Nell scrunched up her face, confused at his last statement. How you so sure when I only took one test. Nell said grabbing the test back and stuffing it in her pocket.
Tank turned his body to face Nell's. You remember that night of my party, when we went back home and had sex? Nell slowly nodded her head yes waiting for him to continue. And do you remember when I kept asking you where you want it at, and you replied "in me?" Nell gasped as she covered her mouth shocked.
So you really nutted in me? Nell asked as she thought about that night.
Tank nodded his head yes. I been knew since that night that I got you pregnant, I was just waiting on you to confirm. He said shrugging his shoulders.
Jermaine, I can't believe you would do something so stupid. I'm not ready for a child, and neither are you. Nell said as she stood up. Tank went to grab her hands to calm her down, but Nell pulled back walking back to the building.
Nell don't act like I just nutted in you cause I wanted too. You told me to that night. Tank said as he got up following behind her.
She quickly turned around, shaking her head at him. That's just some shit I said in the heat of the moment. I didn't actually mean it. That last statement causing Tank's heart to beat abnormally.
So you saying you don't want to have this baby with me? Tank asked waiting for her to answer.
Nell opened the door, standing halfway in since Tank couldn't go inside. That's exactly what I'm saying Tank. She said before letting the door close in Tank's face.
The fuck. Tank said to himself as he stood there dumbfounded.