Chapter 22: Mine

Jermaine (Tank)

Here put this on yo ankle. Nisha said handing Tank the ziplock bag full of ice as he sat on the couch with his leg propped up.
Ion need that shit. Tank said grabbing the bag out of her hand and throwing it on the coffee table.
Nisha smacked her teeth as she picked the bag of ice up off the table and went into the kitchen.
You need to put something on it. She said coming back into the living room. You never told me how this happened to you anyway. She continued to say
It's just a sprained ankle, ima be straight. He replied, trying to avoid telling Nisha about what happened at the gambling room.

Nisha sat next to Tank and began to rub his sprained ankle as he started to drift off to sleep. Tank had only been sleep for about 30 minutes
until he was woken up by Nisha's loud talking.

Bitch I know you fucking lying! Nisha exclaimed, waking Tank up from his short nap.
Chill out with all that noise. Tank said turning his head as he stared at Nisha before closing his eyes to go back to sleep
My bad. Nisha said as she picked her head up from her phone from scrolling on Instagram. Janelle boyfriend kind of cute. She said to herself liking the picture that Nell posted on her close friends. Tank turned his head at the mention of Nell's name.
Who boyfriend? Tank asked with a raised eyebrow sitting up, now fully awake.
Oh just this girl Janelle I went to school with. I guess she got her a lil college boyfriend now. Nisha said clicking back on her story and showing Tank the photo of Nell and Ant.
Tank grabbed Nisha's arm and brought the phone closer to his face to see the photo. They cute. Tank said nodding his head, but deep down inside his blood was boiling looking at the picture.
Why you said it like that? Nisha asked putting her phone down, picking up on Tank's shift in energy.
Cause I just woke up and I'm still a lil tired. Tank said yawning as he got up from off the couch.
Let me guess...you bout to go see Kourt? Nisha said with an attitude as she watched Tank gather his stuff
Tank smacked his teeth. Man I told you me and that girl done. He said walking towards the door.
Yea whatever. Nisha said not believing him. Get the fuck out my house Jermaine. She shouted pushing his head with the palm of her hand.
You gone stop putting yo hands on me. Tank furiously said turning to face Nisha, balling up his fist and laughing to keep himself from hitting her.
Get the fuck out. She shouted again slamming the door on him as soon as he stepped outside.
Tank walked to his car and pulled out his phone of his G-star jeans, going to Nell's name in his call log.