Chapter 19: Set Up

•The Next Day•

Ashley

Ashley stood in the checkout line at Macy's as she received an incoming call from her sister Nell. Struggling to remove the phone out of her jet black MCM shopper bag that Rob bought her last Christmas, she finally was able to answer on the last ring.

Yea hello. Ashley said lowly over the phone so no one would hear her conversation.
Hello, why you whispering? Nell asked as you could hear her clicking the volume up button on the other end of the line.
Cause I came to the mall on my lunch break to get Dallaz school clothes together. Ashley replied moving up closer to the register
Peanut must've finally came through. Nell said with a laugh
That's the least he could do, but I ain't complaining I'll take the 10 racks. Ashley replied causing Nell to gasp
10 racks? I'm bout to start shooting dice with him too. Nell said making Ashley laugh
This ain't from gambling girl he came up on a play yesterday. Ashley replied finally making her way to the front of the line
Oh baby ion know nothing bout that. Nell replied holding her hands up in surrender as if Ashley could see her
And you bet not. That's why his ass walking around with a hole in his shoulder. Ashley replied sitting the clothes down on the counter. But ima call you back I'm bout to check out. Ashley said hanging up the phone as they said their goodbyes.

Ok ma'am your total is $913.37. The sales associate said, bagging up the pile of clothes on the counter
Ashley removed one of the rolls of money that was in the bag that Peanut dropped off. That should be $1000. Ashley said as she handed the stack of money to the lady without counting it.
The associate quickly counted the money before looking up at Ashley. Ma'am this is short $400. The lady replied with a blank stare waiting for Ashley to give her the rest of the money.
You for real? Count it again. Ashley said as she watched the lady recount the money slowly revealing that it was in fact only $600.
Nicole. Ashley said under her breath laughing as she pulled out more money from her purse and handed it to the lady. She grabbed her receipt once she finally paid for her items and rushed out of the store, almost leaving her many bags behind before speeding back to work.

Janelle (Nell)

Nell walked up to Ant's door and knocked a few times until she was face to face with a tiresome looking Ant.