Chapter 40: The End of the Beginning

Janelle (Nell)

The sound of Nell's alarm going off woke her up from her deep sleep as she searched for the silence button to turn it off. Grabbing her shower caddy, she headed to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Before she could make it to the bathroom, a knock was heard at her door causing her to give a confused look since she wasn't expecting company.

Who is it? She asked lowly since she hadn't fully woken up yet.
Its Antoine. Nell heard his deep voice say causing her to fix herself up before answering the door.
Ok hold on. She replied taking her bonnet off and brushing her hair down.
Hey! She said as she opened the door revealing Ant's muscular frame as he stood there waiting to be let in.
Why you looked so surprised to see me? You ain't get my message? Ant asked once he saw how confused she looked.
If you talking bout the message from last night, then yea I saw it. She replied as she stepped to the side and let him in.
I texted you this morning around 9 to see if I could come see you... To finish talking about last night. He said as he watched her grab her phone and go to her messages.
Nell nodded her head once she seen the message from Ant. I must've fallen asleep before you sent it. I'm sorry. She apologized setting her phone back down.
Nah it's my fault. I shouldn't have bothered you. He said as he was turning to leave.
It's not a problem Ant so speak your peace. Nell said, taking a seat on her bed as she waited for him to say something.
He looked over at the squishmallow he bought her that sat on her bed, causing him to smile. I want you to know that what I said last night was true. Ever since we broke up I haven't been the same without you. I know we ain't been together that long but my feelings for you never changed and I know you feel the same way about me too. If I could take it all back.. Ant said but was cut off by Nell.
I forgive you! Nell blurted out, shocking Ant at how quickly she was to forgive him.
You didn't even let me finish what I had to say. Ant said with a chuckle.
I know that you falling asleep in Tia's room was a mistake and that yall ain't do shit. She said causing Ant to tilt his head in confusion.
And what makes you say that? He asked waiting for her to answer.
Cause she stepped to me a while back on some bs. Plus she just give me mean girl vibes, and I know you'll never fuck with somebody like that. Nell said as he nodded his head in agreement.
So this mean we getting back together? He asked eagerly waiting for her to answer.
Nell took a big gulp before she spoke up. When we broke up... I kind of started talking to somebody else and overtime we became serious. Nell said as she turned her face away from him, not ready to tell Ant that she was pregnant.
How serious? Ant asked rubbing the side of his face with the palm of his hand.
Really serious Antoine. Nell said as she cut her eyes towards him, seeing the look of heartache written all over his face.
Do you love him? Ant asked causing Nell to become nauseous at his question.
Before she could reply, she ran to the bathroom shutting the door leaving Ant waiting on an answer.
Ima call you later Ant, I just need to be left alone right now. She said from the other side of the bathroom door.
Ant let out a long sigh before heading towards the front door. Ight Nell, please call me so we can finish talking. He said before leaving out as Nell sat crouched over the bathroom toilet throwing up.