Chapter 35: Christmas Day

Jermaine (Tank)

Tank walked through Ricky's Shop, signaling off the bell that was above the door.
We're closing in 10 minutes. Ricky the owner said from the back of the store.
Rick it's me. Tank said loud enough for him to hear. Seconds later, Ricky appeared with a small smile on his face as he approached Tank. The sound of his heavy footsteps being heard as he got closer. Ricky was a tall black man with a bald head and chiseled face hair. Intimidating when you first see him, but the nicest man once you get to know him.
Merry Christmas nigga. Ricky said handing Tank a small envelope with his name on it. Tank side eyed him as he opened the envelope revealing the stacks of cash that was inside.
I can't take this. Tank said as he put the envelope towards Ricky's chest.
Ricky refused to touch the envelope, backing away from it as it fell to the ground. Consider it a thank you for investing in my shop when no one else would. He replied as he stuck his hand out to dap up Tank.

Tank smacked his teeth as he looked at him before dapping him up. When Tank was left with his father's business, Ricky let him sell in front of his store instead of directly on the corners so that it wouldn't cause any suspicion, and for that, Tank always made sure to break him off whenever it was pay day.

The kitchen still open? Tank asked as he peeked to the back, smelling the aroma of food being cooked.
Yea I was going to drop a few plates off down to the homeless people under the bridge. You want a plate? Ricky asked as he picked up the envelope, walking to the back of the kitchen as Tank followed.
It smell good as a muhfucker in here. Tank said, rubbing his stomach at the sight of the hot sausage po-boys.
Ricky fixed him up a few plates before sneaking the envelope into the plastic bag so Tank wouldn't notice.
Here. Now get out my store and go enjoy Christmas. Ricky said handing him the bag and playfully shoving him towards the door.
Tank started laughing as he gave him a fight. Ight I'm outta here. Merry Christmas Rick. Tank said before the door shut as he walked back to his car.

Tank unlocked the door to his AMG, a early Christmas gift he got for himself a few weeks ago before he got into his car and headed home.

                          •Hours Later•

You think she gone like it? Tank asked Cheedah as he held the diamond studded Van Cleef bracelet into the camera.
I guess nigga. Cheddah said shrugging his shoulders as he stared blankly at the bracelet.
Son you no help. He replied as he boxed the bracelet back up. Ion understand the hype about it.
So y'all linking up today? Cheddah asked with a raised eyebrow.
Tank shook his head no. I was gone drop it off in her mailbox. He replied.
Nigga that ain't the way to do it. I thought you was serious about Nell. Cheddah said shaking his head.
I am serious. This ain't no regular bracelet. Tank replied as he scrunched his face up at Cheddah.
Then act like it. Put it in a gift bag with a nice card. Bitches like lil shit like that. Cheddah said
You right. Tank said shaking his head as he took his friend's advice. Ima go to Walgreens right now to go get one before they close. He said looking at the time that read 4:55pm on his phone.
What the fuck would you do without me? Cheddah asked laughing as Tank hung up in his face.