Chapter 29: Confronting

A few weeks later

Kourtney (Kourt)

Kourt closed her lap top, taking a break from her history assignment as she got up from the desk, going over to the container full of snacks grabbing a granola bar and a fruit snack. She turned around once she heard the door to her room open seeing that it was Tia.

Where you coming from all dressed up? Kourt asked looking at the outfit Tia had on. She was wearing a striped button down dress and rhinestone covered sandals, showing off her white pedicured toes.
You know I have tutoring on Monday's and Wednesday's. Tia replied throwing her book sack on the desk chair.
And I noticed that's the only time you put on actual clothes. Kourt replied side eyeing Tia.
Tia smacked her teeth at Kourt's comment. You going home for Thanksgiving break? Tia asked changing the subject as she changed her clothes, putting on something more comfortable.
Bitch this is my home. The fuck is you talking bout? Kourt asked as she stared at Tia before they both started laughing.
I forgot you was from here. Tia said once she was able to get control of her laughter.
You going home? Kourt asked opening the fruit snacks as she began to eat them.
Tia walked over to Kourt taking a few fruit snacks out of her bag as she sat next to her on her bed. Yea. I love New Orleans but I'm getting kind of homesick. Tia replied as she thought about her friends and family back in Chicago.
I feel that. Kourt said as she nodded her head. I'm gone miss you at the club. Kourt said causing Tia to poke her lip out.
Aww I'm gone miss you too bitch. Tia said as she hugged Kourt, beginning to fake cry. But Thanksgiving break only a week long. I know you could hold it down without me. She said as she broke away from their hug.
I'm gone have to now that I'm helping my mama with the bills. Kourt said thinking about all the money she was able to make in her little time working at the club. If it wasn't for Tia, she didn't know what she was going to do about her mother's financial problems, and was forever grateful to have a true friend like her.
Just make sure you save me a bowl of gumbo cause I been waiting to try that shit G. Tia said licking her lips as she thought about the taste of the gumbo.
Greedy ass. Kourt said under her breath but loud enough for Tia to hear, making them both laugh.