Chapter XXXII

Y/N's POV

Y/N and Rengoku, now fully engaged in battle with Kuchisake, displayed their respective Breathing Techniques.

Y/N fluidly transitioned between Water and Thunder Breathing. First, he unleashed the "Water Breathing: Third Form - Flowing Dance", where he spun and sliced through the air, creating arcs of water with his sword. As Kuchisake countered, Y/N seamlessly shifted to "Thunder Breathing: First Form - Thunderclap and Flash", darting forward with such speed that he appeared to be a bolt of lightning, aiming straight for the demon.

Rengoku executed "Flame Breathing: Fourth Form - Blooming Flame Undulation". To defend himself from the attacks lunched his way.

Kuchisake continued his assault of both words and attacks. "Really snowman? Water and Thunder? make up your mind!" he sneered, his voice cutting through the chaos. He then unleashed a more potent wave of his "Voice of the Abyss",  designed to disorient and confuse.

Y/N felt the strain on his senses, gritted his teeth and focused. "Water Breathing: Tenth Form - Constant Flux" he shouted, creating a continuous flow of attacks, each strike connecting to the next, building momentum and power and interrupting the demon's regeneration for a moment.

Rengoku responded with "Flame Breathing: Second Form - Rising Scorching Sun", sending a spiraling attack toward Kuchisake. The demon dodged, but not without effort, as the intense attack affected his skin.

Y/N and Rengoku coordinated their attacks as the fight intensified.

Y/N, with a deep breath, initiated "Water Breathing: Sixth Form - Whirlpool", channeling his energy into a singular, spiraling attack. As he spun, he aimed for Kuchisake's midsection, intending to slice through the demon's defenses.

Simultaneously, Rengoku unleashed "Flame Breathing: First Form - Unknowing Fire". As he lunged forward and his strike was aimed at Kuchisake's head, intending to overwhelm him with sheer force.

Kuchisake dodged again and weaved through their attacks. "Blood Demon Art - Fuck you both", sending waves of a sound that clashed with the Y/N and Rengoku's techniques. The sound waves battered against the houses nearby, shattering windows and causing the structures to tremble.

Behind them, Murata worked tirelessly, taking people to safety. He called out to the families, guiding them away from the danger zone. Among them were the Kanroji family, with Mitsuri's eyes briefly meeting Y/N's in a moment.

Y/N noticed this but quickly refocused on the task at hand. He and Rengoku adjusted their positions, now attacking from two different angles to outmaneuver Kuchisake. Y/N darted low, aiming to sweep the demon's feet, while Rengoku targeted from above.

As the battle raged on, Y/N transitioned into "Water Breathing: Third Form - Flowing Dance", his movements becoming even more fluid and unpredictable. He swirled around Kuchisake, his blade cutting through the air with precision.

Rengoku persisted with his "Flame Breathing: Third Form - Blazing Universe". Encircling the demon and tightening the circle with each passing second. His strikes were fierce, and one particularly forceful blow succeeded in severing one of the demon's arms. However, Kuchisake's regeneration was swift, his limb reattaching almost instantly as he sneered, "Is that all, Flame Boy?"

In a sudden turn of events, Kuchisake launched a counterattack, "Blood Demon Art - Your hair is ridiculous" " sending a barrage of sharp sound waves directly at Rengoku. Caught off-guard, Rengoku was left vulnerable, but Y/N leaped in front of Rengoku, taking the brunt of the attack. The sound waves sliced through Y/N's left shoulder, leaving a deep gash that immediately started to bleed profusely.