Chapter XVI

⚠️❗Content Warning: This chapter contains graphic violence that may be disturbing to some readers. Reader discretion is advised.❗⚠️

Just as Sabito raised his sword high, ready to behead the demon, the creature unleashed its ultimate attack. Its mouth stretched impossibly wide, and a colossal hand with a massive, blood-red fist shot out with shocking speed out of it.

The attack struck Sabito's head with excruciating force, obliterating his skull into a red paste.

The impact was swift and brutal, leaving nothing but blood, bone, brain, and gore with a few locks of hair where Sabito's head had once been.

 His body crumpled to the ground, his vibrant smile forever gone.

The Hand Demon laughed triumphantly, he had claimed another victim, the 13th student of Urokodaki, and reveled in his accomplishment.

"I told you...little fox, you were only delaying your death," The demon giggled, but he couldn't shake a primal forgotten feeling...fear, this one had been close to actually killing him.

Oh well, not like it mattered, yet another one of Urokodaki's students he killed, he couldn't wait to find another one, hopefully for the next Final Selection.

The fight was over...

Sabito vs Hand Demon

Victor: Hand Demon

Fight Length: 20 minutes and 37 seconds

Deciding Move: Skull Crusher

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

Y/N's POV.

A couple of weeks had passed since Sabito and Tomioka had left for the Final Selection, and there was an unsettling tension in the air at Urokodaki's cabin.

Y/N couldn't help but feel disappointed that neither Tomioka or Sabito had returned.

It seemed like an eternity since they had parted ways on that day.

The last two weeks had been strained between Y/N and Urokodaki, mostly due to Y/N's insistence on participating in the Final Selection while injured. He had paid the price for his stupidity and stubbornness with quite the scolding from the old man.

However, the tension had also led to an unspoken understanding; both were deeply concerned about the other two boys, and arguments seemed irrelevant at the moment.

Then, one day, a letter arrived. Urokodaki took the letter in trembling hands, his eyes scanning its contents.

Y/N watched, his heart pounding, as the old man began to read the message written by Tomioka.

Y/N couldn't bear the suspense any longer. "What does it say, Urokodaki?" He asked with urgency.

 Urokodaki continued to read, he stumbled back, nearly losing his balance, It was a sight Y/N would never forget.

"What is it? What's in the letter? Are they fine?" Y/N pressed, his fear intensifying with each passing moment.

Urokodaki didn't immediately respond. His face was fixed on the letter.