To our new friend

Depuis le début

Ignoring them I started to fill up the question and immediately almost made a mistake as I stopped myself from writing down that I was an elf. It would have been rather bad if I had to ask for another one since elves and dwarves were still forbidden from being adventurers.

The reason why no one had pointed out that issue yet was simply because I had casted an illusion on myself to make myself look like a human girl with short pristine black hair, deep black pupils and skin tone slightly darker than average just to throw off any suspicion.

Continuing to fill the form I knew pretty much what I wanted to put in. I was an augmenter with a dark orange core, a single specialization in earth magic and a deviance in gravity who had multiple years of training in swordsmanship and no beast will. I was a bit surprised that this last question was even included in the test, but I guess that it was better to be sure.

Arriving at the last bottom of the page I was asked to input my name or alias. I couldn't really write my real name to not raise suspicions about my identity, but I couldn't write "Unity" either, unless I wanted the entire military of the country to come in a rush.

No, I would have to find yet another name, which was starting to get rather annoying. Just having two was bothering, but I couldn't imagine someone having three different names. That's why I decided to make it simple and name myself Aisset, which is my name in reverse.

It was nothing groundbreaking, but it'd work just fine and hopefully sound familiar enough for me to quickly adapt to it.

Going back to the counter I barely had to wait in the queue to submit my answer sheet, which had the woman raise an eyebrow in suspicion before glaring at me.

-I would advise you to not lie in your form." She reminded me with a menacing look.

-I haven't, but I can do a showcase if you really want." I proposed in a half joking tone as she slowly glanced back and forth between me and the piece of paper.

Letting out a short sigh, the woman placed the form on a pile to the side before pressing down a button on her desk causing the door on my left to unlock in a loud *click*.

-Step through and make your way to the testing ground." She explained in a rather dismissive tone. "There are some changing rooms if you'd like to change gear, weapons will be provided on the testing ground, take note that you might have to wait for a bit before your turn." She added as I nodded.

-Very well then. Thank you and have a nice day." I told her before leaving through the door she had just opened for me.

Arriving in a long, fancy hallway with some kind of half-green-half-blue carpet on the ground and gold color beams on either side forming an arch with a rather low ceiling, my eyes quickly landed on a few arrow shaped signs.

Reading them all, I wasted no time and followed the path indicated by the one labeled: "Rank examination testing ground."

Walking down the hallway, I was slightly worried by how silent the whole building was as I only saw a couple of people on my way. I had heard from the twin horns that there had been less activity in the adventurer guild in those past few months because of the high running tension, but even then, the building felt really empty.

Maybe Xyrus was just more affected because it was both at the center of the ongoing events and had a high concentration of nobles?

Alternatively, I also knew from Art's birthday party that the day of his adventurer examination had been moved a bit later than what he first wanted. Although I couldn't get a clear answer to why I heard a few lines about this date, which is to say today, being a day where they expected less people to be present.