"Even though he had hoped to bring Jiji along, she declined to go because it was a new area to her. She had gone for a week to meet Darsh. She'll be back soon," Sitara nodded. It was new information she learned about the lady Hitler. Aruna departed.

She gave her forehead a sharp smack. Ruhanika looked at her nonplussedly.

"That means. Yeh sukh, chain aur shanti bas do din ke mehmaan hai." Ruhanika snickered.
(This happiness, calmness, peace are just two-day guests,)

"Hey Bagwaan!!" Glancing up to the ceiling, Sitara gave a dramatic shout and held up a questioning hand.
(Oh god!)

"Bhabhi!!!!" Sitara's dramatic performance was cut short when Muskan's high-pitched voice suddenly burst into the kitchen.

Muskan scrambled in the kitchen and sat on the dining table. She took the piece of freshly cut salad and plopped one in her mouth.

"Why are you making face as if some has died?" Sitara enquired. Ruhanika scoffed at the vocabulary her sister was employing.

"The classical dancer I had spoken to about performing at my event unexpectedly canceled. I am in need of a replacement. I even made a request, but she hung up on me and offered me absurd excuses. Ah! That Bit-...I mean that witch. And now that tomorrow is the event, what will I do?" Fussed, Muskan said.

Sitara patted her on the back to comfort her.

"How can she do that?" Ruhanika was working hard on the meal, Sitara noticed. Suddenly, an idea occurred to her, and she murmured something.

Muskan, who had before been unhappy and despondent, suddenly had bright, dazzling eyes.

"Really?" Muskan enquired hopeful.

"Maine kabhi jhut bola h." Muskan sprang over to give Sitara a firm embrace.
(Have I ever lied to you.)

"But I don't know she would agree or not." Sitara shrugged her shoulders. Muskan's mouth fell open.

"I will try." She gave herself encouragement.

She got up and followed Ruhanika, who was savoring the meal she had prepared. She took a deep breath and surprised Ruhanika by tapping her shoulder.

"Muskan!"

"Bhabhi."

"What happened??" Ruhanika questioned, her face changing to one of skepticism

"Tara Bhabhi informed me that you are a classically trained dancer. Can you then partake in my event? It's really urgent, please. Would you please please please?" Muskan begged her, squeezing her palm nervously.

Ruhanika offered an uneasy laugh. She barely moved to get away from "Muskan, I'm afraid of being on stage. And I can't perform in front of such a large crowd. Forgive me."

Shutting the knob, Ruhanika walked out of the kitchen. Muskan cast a sullen glance toward Sitara.

***

Ruhanika awoke in the morning as usual, according to her biological clock.

Her eyes opened in an instant when she felt hot breath blowing across her neck; she was trapped there and dared not move from her position. Her gaze shifted slowly to her left, meeting his face squarely, and her eyes grew wide at the sight of their near proximity.

His thick, muscular arms and strong legs ensnared her body. Her breath became trapped in her throat as a result of the sudden touch. The duvet's double layer on top of her and his hefty arms on top of that made her feel suffocated.