"You gave me a spare key months ago," I watched as Matthew grabbed a paper towel and crouched down to grab my dropped spoon, wiping up the spilt sauce . "Caught an earlier flight got in an hour ago, wanted to see my favorite girl."

       I could feel the blush creeping up my cheeks as Matthew smirked at me. I know he doesn't mean it they way I want him to . I'm unprepared to have this conversation with him I should have known he was going to ambush me . It was always his method when we were younger .

            "I was just making dinner if you want to stay," I offered not wanting him to think I'm rude or angry with him , "It's pesto, your favorite." Hopefully he won't bring up the kiss if I'm lucky and he's well fed . Yes that's what I'll do I'll put him in a food coma and he'll be unable to have any conversation .

        "Good thing I brought your favorite wine," Matthew walks back to the entryway of my apartment before reappearing with my favorite red wine and a bouquet of pink roses . "And your favorite flowers." what is he doing I'm so confused.

       "Matty

       "Matty...," my eyes widened in shock as I looked at my best friend and the love of my life who simply grinned at me. "What in the world are you doing?" 

          "Just trying to show my favorite girl how much I appreciate her," Matthew smiled as he stepped closer to me , setting the wine and flowers on the counter before wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me close to his chest. "I've been thinking about you all week. Couldn't get you off my mind."

       My heart was racing as I met Matty's eyes, his grip tight on my waist , "And what were you thinking about?" I can't help but get my hopes up please say what i think he will I can't take this anymore .

       "How you're my best friend and how much I need you in my life," Matthew's voice dropped down to just above a whisper as he leaned his forehead against yours. "How much I want to kiss you, and to stop calling you my best friend and start calling you my girlfriend , And about How much I love you...."

      As soon as those last few words leave Matthew's lips I leaned in and pressed my lips to his in a mind blowing kiss . lips pressed together as my fingers tangled in the curls at the nape of his neck. I never want to stop kissing him , I can't believe he's in love with me . Please tell me I'm not dreaming . I pull away from the kiss to take a breath and tell him "... I love you too. Matty"

      Matty pulls my head to his and kissed me again before pulling away to soon why ? . " I got you something. Hold on one moment it's on your entryway table " I shake my head at him I don't need or want anything but him being with him is the greatest thing he could give me.

       Matty comes back and hands me a white square box about the size of a old CD case from back In the day when we were kids . When I open it up I gasp at the beautiful necklace staring back at me . I can't believe he got this for me is gorgeous.

       "  Matty

       "  Matty... it's stunning you didn't have to get me anything" " do you remember that trip to Boston for my family reunion you came on , I think you where twelve at the time . Back then I didn't have even a crush on you . You were just my little mouse , anyway my grandma Geraldine saw us and more importantly how I was with you and how I looked at you .

      She pulled me aside right before we left and she gave me this necklace . My grandpa gave it to her the day he told her he loved her . They had been best friends and had fallen in love with each other . So one day he told her how he felt and asked her to be his girlfriend .

        My grandma told me to give you this necklace the day I finally decided to tell you I love you and ask you to be my girlfriend. I'll admit When she told me this I thought she had officially lost her marbles but then everything changed over these past few months .

      I was so afraid to admit how I felt in fear of losing you forever but eventually I decided I would live to regret never telling you if I didn't . So I had my mom pull this necklace out my safe back home in St. Louis . I also had her take it to a jeweler to make a change to it .

     The original heart was a colorless diamond . My grandmother loved colorless diamonds. My best friend though she's obsessed with pink diamonds. So the setting of the necklace is the same I just changed the heart stone . "

     " Matty I love it and it makes it so much more special that it's your grandmas." Matty takes the necklace from my hand and clips it around my neck . My hand immediately reaches to touch the heart . I'll wear this everyday till I take my last breath.

      I pull matty closer to me by the front of his shirt and press my lips on his . The kiss turns desperate and mattys hands fell from my waist down to my thighs and lifts me up of the ground into his arms and carry's me to my bedroom never breaking the kiss.

         As soon as the door was shut behind us, matty was pushing me against the door as he crashed his lips on mine . It wasn't a perfect kiss by any means. Our teeth were clashing against each other, it was messy and desperate, but i wouldn't have changed it for anything. It was full of the desire the two of us had for each other , and that was all i needed.

     "I don't think you understand how much l've thought about this," matty mumbled against my lips as he lifted my shirt over my head, discarding it somewhere behind him. "I think I might have an idea," i admitted, repeating his actions with his shirt. "You've thought about this before," He slightly pulled away, surprise written all over his face, "What- What have you thought about?"

      "Matty," I playfully slapped his chest, "Are you seriously asking me that now?" He reached his hand behind me to unclasp my bra as he spoke, "Yeah. I want to know what you think about me."

     My breathing falters as he slides the straps down my arms, my boobs now on full display for him as he tosses it aside. His fingertips drag up the exposed skin on my stomach, stopping when he's reached the curve of my breast. He swipes his tongue across his lips as he stares at my chest, staring at them like they first pair of boobs he'd ever seen in his life.

     "C'mon, baby;" He goaded, his hand cupping my breast as his thumb grazed my nipple and I moan , "Tell me what you've been thinking about.""Just you," i swallowed, voice shaky as he pushed his erection into my hip, "Your fingers. Your mouth. But mostly you inside of me. The way you would feel inside of me."

      Mattys hand stoped, meeting my eyes as he slowly blinked.  He reattached his lips to mine, hands coming to the back of my thighs and gently squeezing them, silently telling me to wrap them around his waist. my hands in his curly hair as i broke away from his mouth and kissed down his jaw, to his neck as i carefully nipped at the sensitive skin.

      I ran my tongue along his neck, and he squeezed my ass in response as he carefully leaned over and placed me on his bed, passing me a sly wink before he hooking his fingers in the waistband of my shorts and dragged them down my legs...