Chapter 31

"Why didn't you tell me Liam knew about us?" I asked him accusingly. "Why didn't you warn me? Oh, and instead, you decided to prank me! You are so mean, Oliver Carlton!" I continued accusing him, glaring up at him with my hands on my hips.

In response, all he did was give me a wide grin. I struggled to maintain my angry stance as I glared up at him through narrowed eyes. But it was hard. Very, very hard. His beautiful eyes light up when he smiles.

I have been attracted to them even when it looked cold, looked bored or angry and lately when those eyes would look soft, kind and caring when they look at me which has managed to tug dangerously at my heart. I was really scared of giving my heart to him too soon, but he made it really, really hard. And now, seeing his eyes shine when he looks truly happy was making my heart completely melt, ready to be handed over on a silver platter, waiting for him to just take it.

I looked away, scolding myself in my mind on how gullible I was. He was happy because he had succeeded in almost giving me a heart attack at dinner time. Get a grip woman!

"You're cute when you're angry." Came his quiet reply, still smiling.

With another glare, I turned and stormed into my room, allowing him to stroll in after me.

Just because I wasn't actually mad at him didn't mean it's ok to say anything at him where there could be an audience.

"I missed you." He said, closing the door behind him and locking it.

I rolled my eyes at him, not mentioning that I had missed him like crazy the whole day.

He came up to me, staring down at me amusedly.

Then he just wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close and burying his nose in my hair, tangling his fingers in them.

"I missed your smell." I heard him say as he breathed in before I felt him relax.

"I missed the feel of your soft, smooth skin," his hands wondered under my sweater and ran his hand around my stomach and up my back. I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling really good right now.

"And your taste -" He made to kiss me, but I leaned back, not allowing his lips to touch mine.

"I'm upset, remember." I explained.

"Are you now?" He asked.

"Yes, I am." I replied with my eyebrows knotted.

"Then I should apologize."

"You should." I nodded in agreement.

"But I won't." He said, making my jaw drop.

"Why not?" I asked incredulously.

"Because I'm the one who got caught by Liam and I was also the one who got subjected to an hour's lecture where I had to reassure him over and over again about my intentions with his mother! Man, your son is strict!" He said, shaking his head.

I stood frozen for a second before I breathed out, "Nooo!" Unbelievably.

"So I got a little bit of my sweet revenge on you." He said with a shrug.

"I'm so sorry." I said, covering my mouth with my hand. "What did he say?"

"It doesn't matter. I agree with him fully, so.." he shrugged again without continuing.

"I'm so, so sorry, baby." I cooed, rubbing his arm. "I had no idea. Liam didn't tell me he spoke to you about it."

"Let's forget about that and focus on the fact that he finally knows, shall we. It was hard having to live like a criminal in my own house, having to watch my back all the time and creep around. I feel like a free man now!" He said, releasing me and going and flopping down on my bed dramatically.

I couldn't help giggling at his behavior. I mean, I am learning this whole new side of him, and I love how relaxed and carefree he becomes when he is around me. I really value the fact that he is this way with me.

To the sound of my giggle, he propped himself on his elbows and eyed me with a smirk. I felt myself blush under his hot gaze. I lowered my eyelashes, unable to meet his eyes. I don't know, I still felt shy around him sometimes, but I don't really think he minds.

"Come here, Ashley. I really did miss you." I heard his quiet murmur and raised my eyes to look at him, feeling myself flush some more.

He raised one arm, holding it out for me, and I slowly walked up to him, taking his hand. He jerked his arm, pulling me on top of him.

With a yelp, I fell but managed to block my fall with my arm, barely missing knocking heads with him.

I frowned at him before giving him a quick peck on his nose just because I couldn't resist. My heart swelled with happiness as I stared into his beautiful grey orbs as he stared right back at me with that soft and gentle look in his eyes.

I balanced myself properly on one arm before lifting my other arm and letting my fingers gently touch his face.

I let them explore his face, starting from his dark eyebrow, which looked like it was drawn on him with how perfectly shaped it was. My fingers wondered down, my eyes following its explorations as it rested on his cheeks. His skin is cool and soft to the touch.

My hand reached his jaw, running my finger on his soft stubble until I touched his pink lips.

I hesitantly touch it, wanting to know how it felt. I have kissed it many times now, but my fingers have never felt them. So my uncertainty made me look up into his eyes and, for the first time, notice how tired his eyes looked as they continued to watch me.

With the sudden need to comfort him, my face automatically went down until my lips touched his...

..........

"I'm flying tomorrow morning to go visit my parents."

My eyes were drifting off to sleep as his hands gently caressed my arm. It flew open at his words. We were lying on my bed under the covers, completely naked and cuddling after tonight's lovemaking.

"What? You'r leaving?" I asked as I propped myself on my elbow to look at him more clearly through my sleepy eyes. "For how long? How come I didn't know about this till now? I'm your secretary. You always inform me beforehand?"

"I didn't tell you because I didn't know I was leaving till tonight after dinner. My mom called. My father has fallen ill. Not taking care of himself, it seems. So she asked me to go up there for a couple of days."

"Oh. Ok then. How early is your flight? Will I be able to see you before you leave?" I asked him as he got up from the bed and started putting on his pants.

It was three in the morning already, so I knew he had to get some sleep before he left.

"No, my flight is at five. I want to reach there by the time it's morning for them."

"Oh." I mumbled as I watched him get dressed. "Can I help you pack then?" I asked hopefully, wanting to be of use to him in this time.

"No, I asked Lauren to pack my stuff already." He said, mentioning the only maid who was allowed in his room.

I sat there pouting as I felt useless suddenly. I guess I shouldn't make such a big deal out of it. We have only been together for a week. He won't feel that comfortable with me doing domestic stuff for him just yet.

Trying to think positively, I gave him a smile as he came over and kissed my forehead.

"Take care of yourself." I told him as I wrapped my arms around his stomach. "I'll miss you so much. Give my regards to your parents for me, and I wish your father a speedy recovery."

"I'll miss you too, babe. And yes I'll give them your regards. Take care of yourself and Liam while I'm gone, alright? No wondering around on your own while I'm not here. I don't want to worry about that while I'm there." He told me sternly.

I rolled my eyes at him but reassured him nonetheless.

I followed him to the door, wrapping myself with the blanket, giving him a lingering kiss before he finally left, taking a piece of my heart with him...

_________________________________________

Thank you for reading. Hope you all liked it.

Please leave your comments, and don't forget to vote❣️