Chapter 15

As promised, Mr. Carlton made me learn self-defense. Every morning before work, I was put through the accessive physical work that made each and every muscle in my body cry in pain.

And to make it worse, my instructor was none other than Mr. Carlton. Each morning, when I went to the gym in Carlton's mansion, I would find him already there, having finished his workout for the day. And it was not a sight my droopy eyes or my poor brain that was still half asleep could handle.

He worked out shirtless. The very first day, I almost had a heart attack seeing him. He had muscles in all the right places. But it was more lean than muscular, which I personally prefer. But he had six packs and the strongest hardest chest that I now know from being slammed into his body over and over again.

I could feel the attraction growing more and more each day as he would tell me never to break eye contact with your attacker. Well, my attacker had the most beautiful gray eyes and dark hair, which was disheveled and wet from his workout and would have strands falling on his face, almost covering his eyes.

He was all in all a big distraction that always made me end up on my bum on the mat on the floor. And the worst part is the blasted man knew it. Sometimes, he would wink at me to break my concentration.