Chapter 1

This book may contain mature content, including explicit and and suggestive language, sexual themes and overall mature themes. Readers below 18 are advised not to read this book.
________________________________________

"Liam! Hurry! You're getting me late for work. Please!" I shouted, calling for my fourteen year old son.

Five minutes later he came bounding down the stairs, with a big smile on his face, and gave me a hug and a big kiss, before saying, "so sorry mom, I had stayed up to do my homework but then I kinda got distracted watching Netflix." He was giving me the most angelic smile with puppy eyes that I just sighed, smiling up at him.

At 5.7", my son now towered over my tiny 5.2" frame. "Well, I have no time to lecture you. Grab an apple and your lunch bag, and let's go!"

We hurried out of our old, run down but very much loved home of four years, climbing into my car that was only, slightly younger than our house. But we loved it too. They gave us freedom, happiness, and peace. Things that had been missing in our lives for a very long time.

"Your teacher would give the lecture on my behalf, Liam, since you didn't complete your homework." I told him tiredly but lovingly. I know I'm supposed to be angry at him like any other mom would be, but slacking and enjoying childhood was something he never got to do before. He will soon grow up, so this is the only time he will be able to be a child.

Anyway, he was a good boy. Very responsible - most of the time. And too mature for his age. So I know my disappointment in him is enough for him not to do it again.

"I'm sorry, mom. I'll sleep on time tonight. And I did finish my homework before I started watching Netflix." He told me with his mischievous smile as I pulled up in front of his school. I blinked at him, surprised. Like I said, the kid was responsible. Looks like he won't get that lecture from his teacher after all.

I smiled at him, wishing him to have a good day as he got off the car and waved at me before he joined his friends. Another thing he hadn't been allowed to have four years ago.

I stayed for a minute just watching my son as he goofed around with his friends before classes started. I am so thankful for the life we were having now and wanted to enjoy looking at it for a while. After all, everything I do is for my son.

An impatient horn blasted from behind, making me hurry and drive away to work. But before that, my usual pitstop to my favorite cafe to get my favorite coffee.

............

I walked into the huge intimidating building of Richards and Carlton's Law Firm fifteen minutes before nine. I was the personal secretary for Mr Carlton. I started working here four years ago as a normal office clerk, but all the hard work and dedication had paid off as I got promoted to the personal secretary of one of the most successful lawyers in the country.

Thirty seven year old Oliver Carlton was a ruthless lawyer in the court and an even scarier boss who hasn't been able to keep a secretary for more than four months. That is until I got the job. I have stuck it out for a year now.

The man is strict, but he is not so bad if you do the job right. He just has no patience for incompetence.

The elevator door opened with a ding seven minutes before nine. I hurried over to the break room to make coffee for Mr Carlton.

The break room was common for all staff members on this floor, as only the top executives worked here, and their secretaries were the only ones who actually used this place.

Once the strongly brewed black, sugarless -yucky- coffee was made, I put it on a tray along with my favorite yummy mocha and went to my desk. I put my cup down on my desk and entered Mr Carlton's office. I put down his coffee on his huge mahogany table just as I heard the ding of the executives' private elevator announcing the arrival of my boss at exactly - I checked my wrist watch - nine o'clock

I stood to the side waiting for Mr Carlton to stride into his office in his usual manner and wish me his usual, " Good morning, Ms Sanders." I greet him back while he sits down in his chair and takes a sip of his coffee.

I wait nervously for his verdict, as that would be what determines how our day is going to be like.

I smile as he gives an approving nod and hurried out of his office, closing the door behind me. I go and sit down behind my desk with a sigh of relief to enjoy my mocha and start my day...

________________________________________

Hi again readers, this would be my second book. And I hope you enjoy reading it. 🤞

Please support me by giving a vote and sharing. Thank you 😁❤️