Chapter - 45

Abhi rushed to his room and started beating the door. "Akshu, open the door", shouted Abhi. But he got no reply from her. 

"Akshu, I am sorry baby, but please open the door", shouted Abhi—still no reply from her.

"Akshu, please talk to me. I am so sorry. I can't bear your tears you know na. Please open the door", shouted Abhi—still no reply from her. Abhi silently sat down on the floor with his back against the door waiting for her to open the door.

On the other side of the door, Akshu wept bitterly. This time Abhi hurt her too much. She won't forgive him easily. This behaviour of his takes her to that darkest phase of her life which she always wanted to forget.

It's been 2 hours since Akshara has been crying and Abhi is sitting outside their door and listening to her. He blames himself for this condition of Akshara.

"Akshu, it's been two hours baba stop crying yr. Tumhari tabiyat kharab ho jayegi. I know I am at fault and I am so sorry for that but please talk to me. Akshu yr please maaf kr de yr. I promise age se aisa kuch nhi hoga. Open the door. I will do anything but please open the door. ", pleaded Abhi.

Finally, Akshu listened to his pleas and opened the door. Abhi instantly sat up and grimaced looking at her condition. Her eyes are blood-shot red. Her hair is a mess. Her nose is red from continuous cries and her face is swollen. Abhi hurriedly pulled her in his arms and Akshu started crying again.

"Shh! Calm down Akshu. Calm down! Kitna aur ro ogi tum. Take a deep breath!" instructs Abhi. He soothingly pats her head. Akshara calms down a little bit. They break the hug. Abhi helped Akshara to sit down on the bed and handed her the glass of water.

"Drink this", instructs Akshara. Akshara obliged and drank a little bit of water. Abhi went to the washroom and brought out a wet washcloth. He delicately cleans Akshara's face. "Blow", instructs Abhi and Akshu blows her nose in the washcloth. He threw the cloth in the trash.

"Kya halat bna li hi tumne apni. Dekho kitna laal ho gya hai tumhara chehra", said Abhi and kissed her forehead. He then settled on his knees in front of Akshara and held her hand.

"I am sorry, Akshu. I am really sorry. Mera koi intention nhi tha tumhe hurt krne ka. Mai tumhe kyun avoid karoonga. You are the most important person in my life, I can't think even in my worst dreams to hurt you. I love you Akshu more than anything in this world", said Abhi earnestly.

Tears again started flowing from Akshara's eyes hearing his sweet words. Abhi wiped them.

"I feel so lonely, Abhi. Tumhare meri life mai ane se pehle mai humesha aisa hi feel krti thi. I always used to feel lonely. Nobody wanted to talk to me. Even in school, apart from sweetie, nobody talks to me. After 10 years I felt like this Abhi", whispered Akshu sadly. Abhi's breath struck in his throat.

"Akshu", said Abhi. He hugged her tightly. He didn't know that Akshara felt like. Now, he is beating himself more for this. He should try harder. He should call Akshara in his free time rather than messaging her. He should at least leave a note for her when he had to rush to college for the classes. 

"I am sorry Akshu. I didn't know you felt like this", mumbled Abhi. He didn't know what should he say to her now.

"Abhi, can I ask you something?" asked Akshara slowly.

"Akshu, you can ask me anything? Tum kab se itna hesitate krne lagi", said Abhi.

"Agar kisi wajah se humara break up ho gya toh kya mai tumhari family se kabhi kabhi mil sakti hoon. I have never known what family is. It is because of Birla's I got to know what having a family is like", said Akshu sullenly.