Chapter - 42

Akshara pulled out of her sleep by the smell of cinnamon. She blinked her eyes a few times trying to chase the sleep away and sat up on the bed she shared with her boyfriend. She wiggled her toes and took a big gulp of breath when she felt the weight of her cast.

"Just four more weeks, Akshu", mumbled Akshara. Her excitement waned tremendously in the past week. This cast feels so burdensome to her now. It restricts so many activities of her. It itched so much. She has now no interest in decorating that stupid thing. This cast is shattering all her dreams. Akshara could not take part in the dance competition, because of her stupid leg. Akshara's mood is dampened because of it. She is so disturbed because of it. Akshara cried so much last night. Abhi tried his best to cheer her up.

She got up used her crutches and moved towards the washroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. She freshened up and went outside towards the smell and she was greeted with the sight of her boyfriend cooking French toast. Shirtless.

"Damnit we don't have time for sex Abhi", mumbled Akshu. She slowly went towards the kitchen and settled on the chair. She steeples her hands under her chin and watches her boyfriend effortlessly move into the kitchen. Abhi turns around and smiles a smile that stops Akshara's heart.

"Good morning, beautiful. How are you feeling today", leaning across the bar and planting a wet kiss on her lips.

"Good morning. I am feeling okay. What are you making?" asked Akshara.

"French Toast. I thought you needed a proper send-off on your first day", said Abhi and kissed her cheek.

"Abhi, I am not a kid, baby. I am not going to college for the first time", said Akshara rolled her eyes.

"Akshu, stop rolling your eyes at me. You know it's not polite. And to answer your question, I know it is not the first time you are going to college but we have been together now. I want to give you a proper send-off just like you did when I started my MD", said Abhi earnestly.

Akshara can't believe even after so many years this man still knows how to make her heart flutter. She looked at him with love-filled eyes. Abhi came to her side of the kitchen and picked Akshara up from the stool. Akshara immediately wrapped her arms around him pulling him to her. The smell of cinnamon is evident on his skin and it sends Akshara on a head trip.

"How much time do you have?" whispered Abhi in her ears.

"Not enough time for........" said Akshara and bit her bottom lip.

"Stop, sending me mixed signals", said Abhi freeing her lips from the captivity of teeth.

"I have a class at 10:00 today", whispered Akshara.

"I think we have enough time", said Abhi. He picked her up and took her out of the kitchen towards their bedroom. He carefully dropped her on the bed and covered her cast properly with a polybag. He picked her up and took her to the washroom to shower.

"Let me show you, what can we do to utilise this time. Today I will show you how to save water", said Abhi and properly showed her how to use time. Akshara is moaning so loudly by the time Abhi is done with her.

"We should save water every day", moaned Akshu. Abhi nodded his head while grinning like a loon.

------------------------------------------------

Akshara and Abhi eating their breakfast enjoying the French toast made by Abhi.

"Abhi your cooking skill is getting better day by day. I must say I am impressed ", said Akshara.

"Thank you so much. You know I am working so hard just to impress you your Highness", said Abhi dramatically.

"Shut up Abhi", said Akshara and hit his arm.