Chapter - 12

Today is Abhimanyu's last day at the Birla House before he goes to Delhi to start his medical journey. Birla's threw a farewell party for him. It was an intimate affair. All of his school friends, and close family members were present there. Manish and Swarna Goenka were also present there. Over the years, they got close to Birla's because of Akshara. Akshara is really fond of Birla's and because of this they also got attached with them.

The party is almost winding up. Everyone who came to the party congratulated him and brought a farewell gift for him as well. He has never been interested in gifts or in those people. He only wanted to spend this day with his family. But his father is not having any of it.

He looked towards his family and their happy faces. Manjari and Mahima are talking with some relatives. Harsh and Anand are talking to some of their colleagues whereas all of his siblings are together talking and enjoying the party. But Where is she? His best friend.

He looks here and there but cannot find Akshu at the party. He asked Neil about Akshu but he hadn't seen her for some time too. Manjari also didn't know about her. He started searching for her in the house, but couldn't find her. He is about to call everyone to tell them about Akshara when he decides to look for her in his room too.

He opens the door of his room only to find no one inside the room. He was going out when he saw a silhouette on the balcony. He approached the balcony and found his best friend there only.

"Akshu tum yha kya kr rhi ho? I have been looking for you in the whole house?" asked Abhi.

"Tumhara wait kr rhi thi", replied Akshara in duhh tone.

"Huhh", Abhi didn't understand her.

"Abhi I know you would definitely notice that I am missing from the party. So, you will come looking after me", said Akshara. Abhi nodded now understanding what she was saying.

"Tum mera wait yha kyu kr rhi thi", asked Abhi and stood with her on the railing.

"Tumhe thodi akal dene ke liye", replied Akshara sassily.

"Akshu, yr kabhi toh serious ho jaya kr. Now, tell me why are you waiting for me", asked Abhi in a serious tone. He is already very upset. He doesn't want to waste time in silly talks only.

"I am serious Abhi. Jabse tumhara result aya hai tum aise hi muh latka kr bethe ho. Initially, I ignored it socha tum apne aap theek ho jaoge. But I can't Ignore it anymore. Tell me, why are you so upset", said Akshara seriously.

"My observant little birdie. Tumse koi baat chupa nahi sakta mai", said Abhi and bumped her shoulder.

"Acha meri tareefo ke pul baad mai bandhna. Now tell me the reason", said Akshara.

Abhi sighed and told her everything. How he is afraid of leaving his home, family and friends to an unknown place. "Akshu mai yha sabko janta hoo. Jab bhi mujhe study related koi problem hoti thi toh I have teachers here who helped me. They guide me in the right direction. Yha mujhe sab jante hai. I have an identity here. Wha pr mere jaise hazaro bache honge. Wha meri koi identity nhi higi. I am just like an ordinary guy there. Tumhe toh pta hai I am not good at making friends or talking to people openly in the first place. Wha pr maa nhi hongi. Wha pr tum nhi hogi. Mai tum dono begair kaise survive kroonga. I can't survive without two of you".

Akshu takes his hands in hers. She intertwined their fingers together and put her head on his shoulders. "Abhi tumhe yaad hai 3 saal pejle Birla hospital mai India ke famous cardiothoracic surgeon aye the to conduct the surgery on Education minister. Anand uncle arranged some special permission for us so that we could watch the whole surgery live. I was so grossed out while watching him cut the patient that I went from there. But you stand there for the whole surgery. When the surgery was finished you came to Mahima Aunty's cabin where I was sitting and announced that you would become a cardiothoracic surgeon only. You said it with so much conviction that I instantly believed it",  said Akshara.