Chapter - 43

"Hi, baby. I am in the library. Studying for the test. Just go to bed, I will be late tonight. Love you, take care😘😘😘"
-Abhi💞

Akshara got sad reading his message. She had plans for them tonight. But studies come first. It's been 2 months since they were living together. They couldn't be happier than this. Akshara's cast finally got removed. She took some physiotherapy sessions for her leg. Abhi is with her at every session. 

"Okay. Eat something from the canteen. Don't stay hungry for a longer time. Love you and miss you😘😘"
- Akshu💕

Akshara went to their room and sighed. She didn't like to sleep without Abhi. His arms are the safest place on earth. It's her comfort place. She did her night routine and settled on the bed. After turning and tossing for a long time, she finally gave up on sleep. She takes out the new steamy novel from the side drawer and starts reading it. Abhi didn't let her read these types of books. He believed that the passion he can show her no other book can do justice to it. Now, that she is alone she will have a good use of this time. She didn't know when she went to sleep while reading the book.

The alarm rang at 8 breaking Akshara's sleep. She slept in a very awkward position, her neck was hurting a lot due to sleeping in this position.

"owww,owww", mumbled Akshara while massaging her neck lightly to relieve some pain. She put her hand on the side of the bed and felt the cold sheets. 

"Abhi, tum washroom mai ho kya?" shouted Akshu. But she got no reply from him. She got up from the bed and checked the washroom and found it empty. She then searched her other parts of the house and found it just like she left it last night. She quickly ran to her room and saw her phone. She saw Abhi's message.

"Akshu, sorry I can't come home today. So much to study. I am pulling an all-nighter today. Don't get tensed I have eaten something from the vending machine. See you tomorrow. Love you, miss you too😘😘"
- Abhi💞

She took a sigh of relief after seeing his message. She instantly called him but he didn't pick it up. So, reluctantly she left him a message.

"Hey, just saw your message. Abhi, don't take too much stress. I am sure you will do well in the test but your health is also important. Anyway, I have practice today, so I am taking the car with me. I will come by 7 or 8. See you soon.
All the best for the test. Love you 😘😘😘"
-Akshu💕

Akshu sighed after sending him the message. "I miss you, Abhi. Kal poora din maine tumhari awaj tak nhi suni", mumbled Akshara. She wiped a single tear and went to get ready for her day. 

Akshara had back-to-back classes today. She didn't get the time to check her phone today. After her classes had ended she hurriedly checked her phone. She saw 2 missed calls from Abhi. She instantly dialled his number, but it goes straight to the voicemail. He didn't pick it up again. She opened her WhatsApp and saw Abhi's message.

"Hey, baby. Just finished the test. It was good. Going home to sleep. Too tired to do anything. Love you, see you at home🥰🥰"
-Abhi💞

"Exam ho gya hai na, ab toh phone utha lete yr. 2 din ho gye tumhari awaz sune huye", mumbled Akshara. She typed a message to him but didn't send it to him in anger. She moved towards her car when someone shouted her name.

"Akshara", she turned around to see Akash her classmate standing there and breathing heavily. 

"Akash, everything good?" she asked.

"Ha ha sab theek hai. Actually mujhe woh project se related kuch baat krni thi. Are you free right now to discuss it", said Akash.

"Sorry, Akash. I have a class today. My guru ji is very strict. He didn't let me enter the class even if I was a minute late", said Akshu. She is learning classical singing. She is well versed in contemporary, modern singing but not in classical. So, she is learning classical singing now from a very esteemed classical singer.

"No worries, we will discuss it tomorrow. Tum jao ab warna late ho jaoogi", said Akash. Akshara waved him goodbye and went to her class.

Akshara is so happy today. Finally, her guruji praised her that too in front of everyone. Although, he said it in a very casual way still Akshara is on cloud nine. She settled down in the car and shouted loudly and started doing a little happy dance to celebrate this feat. She take out her phone from the bag and opened it to call Abhi. There is one missed call and one message from Abhi. She opened it happily. Her smile turned into tears after reading his message. 

"Akshu, I tried to call you, but I think you are busy. Anyway, I am going to hospital. There is an accident case in the hospital and I finally got the chance to assist Dr. Sinha. I am so happy. I will be late tonight. Byee. Love you"
- Abhi💞

She wiped her tears and went to her home. She opened the door and sighed. She is feeling too lonely right now. She instantly dialled Shefali's number and started talking to her. Shefali became her very good friend after the accident. They talked regularly with each other. She always wanted a big sister in her life and Shefali clearly fulfilled that role of big sister in her life. Her mood got lightened after talking to Shefali. 

"Akshu tu bhi na. Itni si baat pr itna pareshan ho gyi. Abhi genuinely bahut busy hai. Aur aaj  toh Abhi ke liye toh bahut bada. Uska kab se man tha Dr. Sinha ko assist krne ka", mumbled Akshara.

She decided to put her anger aside and started cooking Abhi's favourite dish. He has been working hard for the past few days, he deserved the well-cooked meal. A treat from her. Today he got the chance to assist the famous heart surgeon. This needs to be celebrated. So, she started preparing dinner for them happily. She knew he would come late today but still, she decided to wait for him. She arranged everything elegantly. 

She waited for him but didn't know when sleep took over her. She woke up the next day on the bed. She is covered with a duvet and the curtains were drawn too.

"Huh! mai bed pr kaise ayi", mumbled Akshu. She saw Abhi's side crumpled up. She put her hand on it and found it cold.

"Huh! so, Abhi put me on the bed. Pr yeh itni subah subah kha chala gya", muttered Akshu. She opened her phone to call him but it was not reachable.

"Phone bhi nhi lag rha hai iska", said Akshu and moved out of the room. She opened the fridge and found all the food safely put in the refrigerator. But it is untouched.

"Abhi ne khana bhi nhi taste kiya", murmured Akshara sullenly. After some minutes her phone pinged.

"I am going to hospital. I have an early class today. See you"
-Abhi💞

"Damn it Abhi, tumhare pass mujhse baat krne ka bhi time nhi hai. Tum itne busy kab ho gye ki ab tumhare pass mere liye time nhi hai. Tumne mera banaya khana bhi nhi touch kiya", mumbled Akshara. Tears were continuously flowing from her eyes. She didn't eat anything and went to college with an empty stomach.

The whole day is spent in melancholy. Her attention is not in the lectures today. She even cancelled her singing classes. She didn't attend the dance practice too. Abhi didn't message her the whole day. She is too angry with him right now.

She reached home after walking for 30 minutes and got shocked to see her boyfriend laughing heartily with some random girl in their living room. Both of them are giving high fives to each other and joking around. Tears glistened in Akshu's eyes but she wouldn't cry in front of the stranger. She is stronger than that.

"Akshu, tum aa gyi. Meet my lab partner Suhana. She is God sent Akshu. She made so many Anatomy lectures tolerable for me. Agar yeh na hoti toh mai anatomy ke lectures kabhi attend hi nhi krta", said Abhi happily.

" Hii, I am Suhana. Mai tumhare bare mai bahut suna hai", said Suhana while sticking her hand out for Akshara.

"Hii. I am Akshara. Abhi's girlfriend. It's nice to meet you. I am sorry mai apke bare mai zayada nhi janti. Woh kya hai mere boyfriend ne mujhe apke bare mai kuch bataya hi nhi hai.
Anyway, you guys continue. I am going to freshen up now", said Akshu and went out from there. She didn't even shake hands with Abhi's friend.

Abhi looked at Akshara with an open mouth. Akshara never behaved rudely with anyone. What happened to her suddenly? Abhi didn't understand this behaviour of her.

"Damn, Abhi your girl has some claws", said Suhana. Abhi slightly nodded his head.  His whole attention is on Akshara. What is this behaviour?? Did he do something wrong??

TO BE CONTINUED