Chapter - 2

Abhimanyu and Akshara went to the park and sat under the tree. "So, what are you reading", asked Akshara.

"The Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens", replied Abhimanyu.

"Oh wow, I always wanted to read that book. Will you read it aloud please?" asked Akshara.

"Sure", said Abhi and started reading the book aloud. After 15 minutes Akshara stopped him.

"Wait, tum kitne boring tareeke se pad rhe ho. Aisey toh mujhe neend aa ajayegi", said Akshara. She didn't like the reading style of Abhimanyu. It was too dull. Even the newspaper reader will read it in a better way, at least better than Abhimanyu.

"Acha, agar tumhe itna hi boring lag rha hai toh tum khud kyu nhi read kr leti", said Abhimanyu. Nobody insults him like this. But strangely he is not upset with her.

"Haa, yeh idea sahi rahega. I will read the book. Issey tumhe pta bhi lag jayega ki reading kaise krte hai", said Akshara haughtily. She took the book from him and started reading it. Surprisingly, she is too good at this. Her voice nodules change with every particular scene. He relaxes and listens to Akshara reading the book for them.

"Bas, ab baki ka baad mai padenge. I am tired now", said Akshara. It's been 45 minutes since she was reading the book for them.

"Will you come back to the park tomorrow? We will finish the book together. I understand it better when you read it", asked Abhimanyu. Akshara thought for some moments but then nodded her head.

"Sure, I can come. You are right we will finish this book together. Ab tumhare sath padni shuru kri hai toh khatam bhi tumhare sath krenge", said Akshara cheekily. Abhimanyu laughed at her cheekiness.

"Come on let's go. Raat hone wali hai aur mujhe abhi apne school ka homework bhi krna hai", said Akshara. She stands up and picks up her iPod. Abhimanyu also stands with her.

"Akshara", called Abhimanyu.

"Tum na please mujhe Akshara mat bulao. Mere friends mujhe Akshu bulate hai, toh tum bhi mujhe whi bulana", said Akshara. Abhimanyu chuckled.

"Hum friends kab bane", asked Abhimanyu teasingly.

"Ohh, hello mai pichle 1 hour se tumhare sath thi, humne sath main book read kri aur kal bhi krenge. Tumhe lagta hai mai aise hi kisi ke sath bhi time spent kroongi", replied Akshara with her hands on her hips.

"Okay, okay I understand, Akshu. Ab tum gussa mat krna", said Abhimanyu. Akshara smiled at him. Both of them continue to move towards their home. Abhimanyu bought ice cream for them from the ice cream vendor. They continue to discuss about the book while eating the ice cream.

"Okay, it's good to meet you, Abhimanyu. Kal milte hai", said Akshara and raised her hand for him.

"Abhi, call me Abhi", said Abhimanyu and shook hands with her.

"Okay Abhi, see you tomorrow. Bye", said Akshu.

"Bye, Akshu", said Abhi and both of them went towards their homes.

Akshara put the earphones in her ears and listened to her favourite 'Shreya Ghoshal' songs while going home. She reached home and sighed. Her only wish is to grow up soon, so she can get out of this hell hole that she called home. She has a big family with lots of people still she feels lonely in between all these people.

"Akshara, aa gyi tu. Itni der se kha thi. Raat hone wali hai aur ghar ki beti ab tak ghar nhi ayi hai", said Sirat, Akshara's step mother.

"Mai park gyi thi. Aur raat hone wali hai, hui nhi hai abhi tak", Akshara replied back to Sirat.

"Akshara, tameez se baat kro woh mumma hai humari", said Aarohi angrily. 

"Yaa, whatever. Mai homework krne apne room mai ja rhi hoo", said Akshara and went to her room. She didn't like to spend time with these people. That's why she spends most of her time outside this house. She put her earphones in her ears and started doing her homework.

Manish Goenka came to her room and looked at his eldest granddaughter doing her homework diligently. She is his favourite grandchild. He always wanted to fulfil all her wishes and give her the best childhood, but he could not do that. Some wishes remain wishes only. Shaking away all the bad thoughts, he entered her room.

"Akshu", said Manish and put his hand on her hair. Akshara smiled looking at her grandfather. She removed her earphones and put and hugged her favourite person in the family.

"Hii, bade papa. Aap kab aye office se", asked Akshara while hugging him.

"Bas abhi aya. Toh sabse pehle apni princess se milne aa gya", replied Manish.

"Acha ab aap aa gye ho toh yeh maths ke homework mai meri thodi si help kr do. I am so confused", said Akshara.

"Of course, mera bacha. Dikha kya problem hai", said Manish. Both of them start solving the sums. They got engrossed in it. 

"Thank you, bade papa", said Akshara and closed her books. "Acha chalo ab neeche chalte hai mujhe bahut bhookh lagi hai". Both of them went downstairs for dinner.

"Swarna aaj dinner mai kya bna hai? Jaldi se de do hume aur humari princess ko bahut bhookh lag rhi hai", said Manish loudly. 

"Aap log baithiye main dinner lagati hoo", said Swarna. "Mai apki help krti hoon badi mumma", said Akshara and went behind her grandmother to help her. Both of them with the help of helpers put the dinner on the table. The family gathered around the dining table for dinner. They started having dinner together.

"bade papa, mujhe woh new model wali bicycle chahiye", said Aarohi. 

"Aru beta tune abhi kuch time pehle hi toh new bicycle li thi, itni jaldi kyu badalni hai woh", said Manish.

"Nhi woh wali achi nhi hai mujhe new chahiye woh bhi kal hi", said Aarohi loudly.

"Aarohi abhi tumhare exams ane wale hai. Abhi sirf uspe focus kro, aur kisi cheez pr nhi", said Manish sternly.

"No, no mujhe woh abhi chahiye bus abhi chaiye", said Aarohi and started creating a fuss.

"Acha bacha bas shant ho ja, tujhe bicycle chahiye na. Mai tujhe woh dilaoongi tu bas shant ho ja", said Sirat. She didn't like to see a single drop of tears in her daughter's eyes. 

"Sirat, this is wrong. Tum Aarohi ki har unjustified wishes poori nhi kr sakti ho. Woh bigad rhi hai. Tumhe dikhai nhi deta hai yeh", said Manish.

"Mujhe pta hai meri bachi ke liye kya sahi hai kya galat hai. Atleast woh apki is murderer Akshara se toh bahut achi hai", said Sirat angrily.

"Sirat", shouted Swarna. "Yeh kya tarika hai baat krne ka. Akshu is baat mai kha se beech mai aa gyi. Humlog Aarohi ke behaviour ko discuss kr rhe hai yha pr naki ki Akshu ke".

"Whi toh baat hai na yha, aap log humesha Akshara ki hi side lete hai. Woh chahe jitni badi galti kre woh use woh maaf hai, pr meri bachi agar choti si bhi demand kr de toh bahut badi ban jati hai", said Sirat angrily. She looked towards Akshara who was eating her dinner silently without bothering about anyone.

"Aur abhi bhi dekhiye kitne mje se khana kha rhi hai. Humare ghar mai kalesh krvane ke baad khud shanti se bethi hai", said Sirat angrily.

"Akshu ne kuch nhi kiya hai Sirat, use beech mai lana band kro", said Manish angrily.

"Ha mujhe sab pta hai. Meri beti aur mere aginst aap logo ko kon bhadkata hai. Yeh Akshara hi jo yeh sab krti hai. Yeh Akshara hume kabhi khush dekh hi nhi sakti hai. Pehle apni maa ko kha gyi phir mere pati ko bhi. This is all her fault", said Sirat loudly.

Akshara eats her last bite of food and gets up from the chair. She started going towards her room but stopped near the staircase. She turned towards her family and said, "Sirat Aunty apko pta hai there is a thing called Global Warming woh humare world ke liye bilkul bhi achi nhi hai. The climate is changing because of global warming".

"Haa toh iska is baat se kya lena dena hai", asked Aarohi foolishly.

"You don't know Aarohi. Are global warming ka reason bhi toh mai hi hoon", said Akshara and went to her room. Manish snickered at the comeback from his granddaughter whereas Aarohi and Sirat looked at her with open mouths.

TO BE CONTINUED