Chapter - 38

Today is the day when Akshara will be released from the hospital. It's been two days since her accident. She is stable apart from some little headaches which is one of the side effects of concussion. Her leg will be in the cast for the next 8 weeks. The doctor has provided her with some crutches to move quickly. Akshara is damn excited to use them.

"Abhi, when will I get my crutches?" asked Akshara excitedly.

"Akshu, you are mad you know that na. Maine aaj se pehle kisi ko crutches ke liye itna excited nhi dekha", said Abhi. He is packing her bag to go back to their home. He didn't leave her even for a single minute. 

Apparently, Akshara suffered from the Post-traumatic amnesia. This is the amnesia developed after an injury. It is generally a short-term amnesia. Akshara knew nothing about that episode but it left a lasting impact on Abhi's brain. For, two days he is getting nightmares. He can't erase Akshu's image from his mind. Akshu's panic attack still haunts him. He told Akshu about that episode. She still doesn't remember it but she understands what Abhi is feeling. So, like a supportive girlfriend, she supports him and tries to help him to get that image out of his mind.

"Abhi, I am not mad. I am just excited", said Akshara with a pout.

"Akshu, tujhe lagta hai ki bhai tujhe crutches use krne denge", asked Niel.

"Kyu nhi karne dega", asked Akshara curiously.

"Akshu, bhai tujhe har jagah godh mai utha kr ghumege. You know just like a betal", said Niel jokingly.

"Haww, mai tujhe bhoot lagti hoon. Abhi dekho na, Niel mujhe bhoot bula rha hai", said Akshara in a complaining tone.

"Niel pagal hai kya tu, Akshu tujhe bhoot lagti hai", said Abhi. Akshu shows her tongue to Niel. "Akshu bhoot nhi bhootni hai. Be specific bhai. Give attention to details". Both Niel and Abhi started howling with laughter. They high-five each other. Akshara looked at the brothers with an open mouth. 

"Kitne bure ho na tum dono. I don't want to talk to guys now. Jao tum dono yha se", said Akshara in a slow voice. She put her head down and started sniffing. Abhi and Niel got scared. 

"Akshu, baba we are sorry. Tum please ro mat", said Abhi. He immediately settled on Akshara's bed and tried to hold her hand but Akshara didn't let him.

"Haa, Akshu hum toh mazak kr rhe the. Tu please ro mat yr. We are really sorry", said Niel. But it had no impact on Akshu. She started sniffing more loudly.

Abhi and Niel panicked. "Akshu, tum ro mat please. We are really sorry. Dekho hum log sit ups kr rhe hai. We are really sorry, baby. Niel chal sit-ups kr", said Abhi. Both the brothers started doing sit-ups. Looking at them, doing sit-ups, Akshu started laughing.

"Akshu tum natak kr rhi thi", asked Abhi incredously.

"Of course", said Akshu smilingly.

"How bad, Akshu. Pta hai hum kitna darr gye the", said Niel standing up.

"Aur banao, mera mazak", said Akshu happily. Harsh came to the room with Akshu's crutches and discharge papers.

"Akshu, you are officially discharged bacha. Chalo let's get ready hum chalte hai yha se", said Harsh.

"Yaayyy!" shouted Akshara. She snatched crutches from Harsh's hands.

"Harshu, I want to try it", said Akshu. She tried using crutches but she couldn't maintain her balance and slipped down. Abhi held her in the nick of time before she touched the ground.

"Akshu", shouted Birla boys together.

"Sambhal kr, Akshu. Tum na ek na ek din hume heart attack dekar rahogi", said Abhi. He carefully put her on the bed.

"Haa, Akshu koi zaroorat nhi hai, inn crutches, ko use krne abhi. It takes time to make balance on them beta. Hum log hai na, we will help you. Jo bhi chahiye bol hum laa kr denge, bas tu apna dhyan rakh bacha", said Harsh.

"Sorry, mai dhyan rakhoongi age se", said Akshara with a pout.

"Akshu, jab tere pass apna personal server hai toh tujhe khud mehnat krne ki kya zaroorat hai", said Niel jokingly.

"Hain?" asked Akshara confusingly.

"Arey, bhai hai na tere personal server. Tujhe jo chahiye bhai ko bol woh sab laakr denge", said Niel. Akshara blushed hearing him.

"Niel is right baby, whatever you want just tell me. Ab se mai tumahra ginni hoon. Tumhe jo bhi chahiye bas hukum kro mai pesh kr doonga", said Abhi and kissed her cheek. Akshu blushed.

"Hayee, aise mat sharmao baby. I can't stop myself then", whispered Abhi in her ears. 

Harsh hit on Abhi's head. "Stay away from my daughter", grumbled Harsh.

"We are boyfriend-girlfriend which means we are a couple, an official couple. So, deal with it", said Abhi petulantly.

"I don't know. But meri presence mai meri beti se door raho", said Harsh.

"Acha stop it both of you. Abhi, hum ghar chale mera sara saman bhi pack ho gya hai", said Akshara stopping the stupid fight between the father-son duo.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Harsh stops the car at the entrance of Abhira's new apartment. Abhi lifts Akshara in his arms bridal style and takes her towards their new abode.

"Abhi, hum yha kya kr rhe hai? Abhi toh hume iska possession nhi mila hai na. Isme shift hone mai toh hume time hai", asked Akshara.

"Well, I have a surprise for you baby. We got our house's possession and it is completely ready for us to live here", replied Abhi happily.

"What, is this true? Are we really shifting here today itself", asked Akshara incredulously.

"We are baby, we are", replied Abhi happily.

"Yayy!" said Akshara and kissed his cheek. 

Abhimanyu takes her to the apartment. Shefali and Parth opened the door. Shefali did the arti of the couple as instructed by Manjari to welcome them to their new home. Akshu is overwhelmed to see the love of her family. They entered the apartment and Akshu was shocked to see it furnished just like she wanted.

"Abhi", said Akshu through her eyes she asked him questions about this surprise.

"Surprise, baby. I don't want you to hassle and overthink about furnishing the apartment. I want you to rest and take care of yourself. So, we have arranged everything for your comfort", said Abhi.

"Abhi, you love so much na?" asked Akshu with teary eyes.

"More than anything in this world. Akshu, this is not the time to cry. This is the time to celebrate. Our first home. This is our first home", said Abhi.

"Yes, you are right. Our first home. Our first home together", said Akshu. 

TO BE CONTINUED

A/N Hey guys, I have started a new fanfic on Harshali called 'Ishq Wala Love'. Please have a look at it and tell me do you like it or not.