Chapter 23

Percy stared at the starry night away from the campfire.  He could hear the joyous laughter of campers at the campfire, occasional screams from boys, since the hunters were there too.  But those were all distant, he is now in his own world, drowning in his misery.  He looked up at the new constellation, 'Oh Zoe, if only you were here.' he thought.  Zoe might not be his mother or someone related to him, but to him, she is more than a sister.  She would teach him, treat him like he was her sibling, joke around with him, do stuff that never fits her description of being the biggest man-hater second to Artemis.

"What are you thinking about, Perce?" a voice startled him.  He looked back and saw Phoebe to his relief.

"Oh, nothing much," Percy said, drawing random shapes on the dirt.  Phoebe then sat down besides him, also staring up at the constellation.

"I miss her too.  She was my best friend," Phoebe started, "I was beyond devastated when I first knew she died.  I know you are too, she would often tell me how you are doing and how she feels as if you were her younger brother.  I could see proudness in her eyes."

"But, she's gone now, isn't she?" Percy asked softly.

"No, she was never gone.  She's still with you.  In here," Phoebe pointed at his heart.

"I can't believe it, someone who cared for me, loved me, yet I let her die," Percy said, shedding silent tears.

"No, you didn't.  She knew she was destined.  The moment she saw Atlas, she knew," Phoebe said, growling at the word 'Atlas'.

"I can't believe it, how pathetic I must have been," Percy broke down.

"Hey, hey, you are certainly not.  Come here," Phoebe said, pulling him into a hug.

"From now on, I will look out for you, just as Zoe did for you," Phoebe said with a smile.

"Thank you, Phoebe," Percy said sniffling, occasionally hiccupping.

"No worries, come on, let's get back to the campfire," Phoebe said.

"No, I'm good, I want to stay underneath the stars for a while," Percy said, laying down.

"Alright, well, I'm gonna go back.  The hunters might need my help catastrating the boys," Phoebe said chuckling lightly.

"All right, good night," Percy said.

"Stay safe," Phoebe said.  She headed back towards the campfire, avoiding the questioning looks of campers.

"Where have you been?" an Apollo camper asked.

"None of your business, boy," Phoebe said, but there was less venom.  The camper, scared, walked away trembling a bit.

Ok, so I'm planning on making this a PercyxRachel and LukexAnnabeth ship, do you think it is a good idea?

Please vote about this, the vote will end in about 1 month, so please tell me 

LukexAnnabeth

PercyxRachel

Percy stays single

Luke dies