Chapter 18

It has been a few months since Percy went to camp. Of course, Hestia, Athena, Apollo and Artemis were informed of this. Mark never stopped being a brat.

Percy is currently training in the sword arena with Luke, and suddenly the hunting horn sounded. Percy's face brightened up, but he was distracted and Luke landed a blow on his hand, creating a gash.

"Oh man, I'm sorry," Luke apologies.

"Nah, it's ok," Percy said, he controlled water and it healed him in an instant.

Percy ran to the camp borders and saw Artemis and her hunt. When Artemis saw her son, he face brightened up, so did some of the hunters.

Chiron came trotting in and bowed, "An honor to see you here, Lady Artemis."

"Rise, Chiron," Artemis said, her gaze mainly on Percy.

"Those are the hunter's of Artemis, they are man-haters. So don't cross them," Luke whispered to Percy.

"Of course," Percy whispered back, looking at Artemis.

"We'll be off to our cabin, Chiron," Artemis said as she and her hunters went to their lady's cabin.

"Luke, can I take a rest now?" Percy asked, eager to see his mom.

"Of course, see you at dinner," Luke said, they both went their separate ways.

Percy knocked on the Artemis' cabin door and a hunter came and opened it.

"What is it, boy?" she said.

"I came to see Lady Artemis," Percy replied.

"Well, she doesn't want to see you, so scr-" the hunter was cut off by Zoe.

"Let him in Naomi," Zoe yelled from inside.

"Are you sure? He is a boy," Naomi asked.

"Yes," Zoe replied.

Naomi opened the door and Percy looked around, making sure no one noticed, he slipped in.

"Mom!" Percy yelled when he saw Artemis, he then ran and hugged her. The newer hunters were puzzled by the fact that their mistress hasn't turned him into a jackalope.

"Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and forget about us," Phoebe said with a troublemaker grin.

"Hey Phoebe, Zoe, Ata," Percy said.

"Hunters, this is my adopted son, Percy. Please treat him with respect," Artemis said.

"Mom, you won't believe that I had slain the minotaur," Percy said.

"Really? I'm really proud of you," Artemis said, ruffling his hair.

"But that Mark kid is a brat and I hate him. By the way, I was Captain of the Swimming and Fencing team. Also I'm a member of the school orchestra. I'm also the first in my school, academic-wise. And, I can do this now," Percy rambled. He then controlled water and made different shapes.

"Aha! I knew you are a son of Poseidon," Atalanta exclaimed.

"Hmph, whatever," Percy huffed.

"I'm very proud of you," Artemis said.

"Thanks, Mom," Percy said, grinning up at her.