Chapter 20

One month later

Artemis was sent on a mission to capture the Ophiotaurus. Unfortunately, she went missing after a few weeks.

"Chiron, we really need a quest to find our mistress," Zoe said.

"It is really dangerous, I don't know about that," Chiron said, pinching his temples.

"Please?" Zoe asked.

"Well, I guess, you seem pretty desperate, I'll allow this. But you must bring three campers and two hunters. I know it's not a good number, but you'll need it," Chiron said.

"Fine, I'll bring Annabeth, Percy and the boy he's always with, and also Phoebe," Zoe allowed.

"Alright, you can set out at dusk," Chiron said.

"Thank you," Zoe said.

___________________________________

Time skip to meeting Atlas on Mount Othrys.

"See Ladon? He's going to kill anyone he sees, since I'm more familiar with him, I'll distract him and you guys will go first," Zoe said, pointing in a distance.

"Are you sure?" Annabeth asked.

"Yes," Zoe said, they all went in front of Ladon.

"Zoe Nightshade," the Hesperides said.

"Sisters," Zoe said.

"We see no sister, we only see a traitor," one of them spoke.

"And you are not? Helping the enemy?" Percy spoke up.

"We serve our father Atlas, we are only helping family," they said.

"Perhaps serving him made your mind unclear, this is not justice," Percy said.

"Enough, I'll leave Ladon to you, good luck," they said, then disappeared.

"Hey Ladon, remember me?" Zoe cooed.

The dragon sniffed her in response, Zoe signalled the others to move quickly, suddenly, Ladon found out. He snarled and clawed at Zoe, fortunately, Zoe ran. When they arrived the mountain top, they saw Artemis, holding up the sky.

"Well, well. How nice of you to join us," Atlas said.

"Atlas," Zoe growled.

"What? No hug for your father?" Atlas asked.

"Let go of her now!" Percy yelled.

"And place you underneath it?" Atlas asked.

"You will die!" Percy yelled.

"Hah! That's not likely, you are greatly outnumbered. The son of Zeus, Mark, is here too. To aid us," Atlas said.

Suddenly, Percy frowned, "That useless brat? Oh, he can do nothing."

"Right, that I agree," Atlas said.

"Would you like to say that again?" Mark sneered.

"Piss off Mark, you really are useless. Even the General here thinks so too," Percy said, Mark's second in command pulled him away before a fight ensued.

"Nonetheless, let go of mi'lady now!" Zoe yelled. She launched herself at Atlas and engaged a fight. Soon enough, Annabeth and Luke joined.

Percy ran to Artemis and said, "Mom, give me the sky, you must help them."

"No, Percy, the sky is not for demi-gods to bear, you will die," Artemis protested, quite weak.

"I don't care Mom, we'll all die if you don't give me the sky," Percy argued.

"Fine, but be careful," Artemis said as Percy slid underneath it. She slowly let go of the sky and fully slid out. She might have been free of the burden, but she still felt abnormally weak. Just before she entered the battle, she felt a power surging through her veins. She looked back and saw Percy struggling real hard.

She then went and tackled Atlas to the ground, but Atlas was aiming for another thing.

Zoe.

Atlas threw his dagger at Zoe, who was gasping for air after being hit to the ground. The dagger landed close to her heart and it hurt like hell.

Artemis growled in anger, she, along with Luke and Annabeth quickly pinned Atlas and successfully put him back under the sky.

The first thing Percy did when he came out from under the sky was to check on Zoe.

"Hey, Zoe, wake up," Percy shook Zoe. She opened her eyes solemnly.

"Percy," she croaked.

"Shh, Zoe," Artemis came and caressed her cheek.

"Did I serve well, mi'lady?" Zoe asked.

"Yes, the best I had," Artemis answered.

"Good. Let me be. I can...see...the...stars. Mi'lady, I can finally see the...stars," with that, Zoe died. Artemis shed silent tears, then she muttered a spell. Zoe's body glimmered and slowly faded away.

"Noooo!" Percy yelled. His tears streamed down like river. He looked around, adrenaline rushing in his veins. Finally, he located a victim, Mark. He snarled and launched himself at him. Punching him repeatedly, until he felt himself being restraint by a few hands, then, he blacked out.