Chapter 19

The conch horn sounded, signaling for dinner.

"Well, I'll see you later, Mom," Percy said.

"See you," Artemis said, chuckling at his behavior. Percy ran towards the dining pavilion.

After a while, the hunters came.  The Big House was filled with hushed whispers.  Suddenly Mark said, "I hate the hunters.  I don't understand why they say 'permission to kill, mi'lady."  He mocked the hunters.

Artemis was about to say something, but Percy gave her a wolfish grin and she nodded her head.  "Marky, buddy," Percy started.

"What do you want Jackson?" Mark said.

"You want an explanation?" Percy asked.

"As if you could give one," Mark said.

"Permission to hurt, mi'lady," Percy said, turning to Artemis.

"You may," Artemis said, with an amused expression.

Percy then turned to Mark with a sly smile, making him pale in fear.  Percy pressed the moon on his ring and hunting knives appeared at his waist.  He took them out and threw them at Mark.  Pinning him against the wall.  Then he punched Mark a few times until satisfied.  He dusted himself and went back to eating.

"I don't think Mark will be your troubles for tonight," Percy said, ignoring Mark's angry remarks.

"Quiet boy," Zoe hissed, she stuffed an apple into Mark's mouth.  But Mark kept on making noises.

"Did you not hear her?" Percy asked.  Only resulting in making Mark gurgle louder.  Percy groaned in annoyance and threw a hunting knife at the apple.  Making Mark shut up.

Percy bowed to everyone and they clapped.  

"I prefer you not to keep Mark in fear anymore," Chiron said.  

"Oh, of course, Chiron," Percy said.  He took out the apple and Mark spat at his feet.

"My father will hear about this!" He said.

"Is that supposed to be a threat?" Percy asked.

"Of course, waddya think?" Mark said.

"I think... that I like you better when you are quiet," Percy said.  He took a piece of cloth and gagged it over Mark's mouth.

"There, problem solved.  Mark is not scared, and we get to enjoy our peace.  It is a win-win," Percy said.

Artemis shook her head and laughed inwardly, 'Oh what am I going to do with you Percy'  Percy only looked at her with a twinkle of mirth in his eyes as he smiled brightly.