Chapter 12

Percy Jackson is now 10 years old.  He is good-looking and is pretty fit.  His raven-black hair suits his eyes perfectly.  He is tall and has a good build for his age.

"Percy, I'm afraid we have bad news," Artemis said one day, with Athena, Hestia and Apollo besides her.

"Uh oh," Percy said, looking up from cooking his stew.

"So, you are growing and unfortunately, you will have to go to school and Camp someday later.  The hunt cannot help you anymore, enemies are rising and we hope to keep you safe," Artemis said.

"But, we made an arrangement.  Apollo has a few apartments in the mortal world, you can stay in one and Hestia will visit you on weekends," Athena said.

"How many apartments do you have, Apollo? Percy asked, turning to look at Apollo, only to find him eating his stew.

"Man, this is good," Apollo said, "Huh?  Oh, I have about 5 to 6."

"That's... a lot," Percy said.

"Mhm," Apollo said, not really caring about the conversation, until Hestia whacked him on the head.

"Would that be ok for you?" Hestia asked.

"I mean, sure?" Percy asked.

"Alright, then pack your things, you will leave tomorrow, Apollo will bring you to one of his apartment.  Remember, if you have any problems, better IM Aunt Hestia.  Since I don't want any monster fining out about you, it could be very dangerous.  Athena would probably be with Father most of the time, talking about battle plans and Apollo could be bedding a woman," Artemis said.

"Ok, Mom," Percy said.

____________________________________________

"Are you set to go?" Artemis asked.

"Yep, I'll miss you," Percy told the hunters who reluctantly let him go.

"As will we," Zoe said.

"I'll miss you Mom," Percy said, hugging her.

"Me, too. Don't worry, we'll see you again," Artemis said.

"Ok, don't forget about me," Percy said, giving them his trademark wolfish grin.

"Course not," Phoebe said, giving him her troublemaker grin.

"You have all your weapons with you right?" Athena asked.

"Hmm.  Helios, check.  Midnight, check.  Hurricane, check.  Riptide, check.  Picture or my mother, check," Percy said, holding out his hand.  Helios, the gift from Apollo, on the ring finger of his left hand.  Midnight, the gift from Artemis, on the ring finger of his right hand, and Hurricane, the gift from Athena on his left wrist.

"Alright, love you," Artemis said.

Then, Percy departed in Apollo's sun chariot.