Chapter 3

"That's it, a little lower," Zoe Nightshade, lieutenant of the hunt, teaching Percy Jackson how to wield a bow.

Percy Jackson is now five years old, Artemis took him into the hunt, hoping to be closer to her son.  No one except Athena on Olympus knows, and they don't plan on telling anyone.  Percy is a cute young lad, with raven-black hair, sea-green eyes with a silver ring around the pupils, specks of grey in the sea-green pupils.  By now, both goddess had guessed he would be a son of Poseidon, not daring to inform the sea-god of his son.

Twang- the arrow hit the target perfectly.  Those who dare say son of Poseidon's are bad at wielding a bow would be wrong, they are perfectly capable.  Percy jumped around in happiness, Zoe smiled at him.

"Mom!  I hit the target today, Zoe taught me how!" the son of Poseidon ran to his mother's tent.

"Really?" Artemis asked.

"Yep," Percy answered proudly.

"Good job!" Artemis praised.

"When can I start hunting?" Percy asked.

"Hmm, we can ask Zoe to accompany you tomorrow, perhaps with Phoebe too," Artemis said thoughtfully.

"Yayyyy!  I can go hunting tomorrow.  Thank you Mom!" Percy yelled happily, about to run out of the tent.

"Not so fast, don't forget to visit Athena today," Artemis reminded.

"Oh, yeah.  Thena is going to show me more about water control, and learn more about the heroes," Percy said, groaning at the last past.  Athena had let Percy call her Thena, to avoid mix ups if he called them both mom.  Artemis chuckled inwardly.

"You should go help Atalanta in the infirmary for now, perhaps she can teach you a thing or two about medicine.  You will need to make a good impression on my brother if you meet him," Artemis said.

"Atalanta is very nice, I like her," Percy commented as Artemis ruffled his hair.

"Run along now little one, you don't want to keep her waiting," Artemis chuckled.

"Does she even know I'm going there?" Percy asked, more to himself.  Nonetheless still ran to the infirmary.