'what if i say yes?'

With that she hit send with a smile on her face. It felt surreal that here she was, blushing over a boy.

Eric smiled looking at his phone, she was daring him to make the move. He chuckled thinking that she was scared to make the first move and instead just chose to flirt with him. He didn't mind of course, he actually found it adorable of her. He put the phone down on his lap, as he put his hands to his face.

Still keeping the smile on his face, he looked outside the window of his car that he had parked. He had taken Sunny to a hairdresser, and was waiting for her to be done —to take her back home.

𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜 :)

'what if i say yes?'

He lifted the phone from his lap, to look at the message again. With a grin he started typing.

'say yes and i'll be where ever
you are soon'

With that he had hit the send button with his thumb, as he locked his phone placing it near the gear stick.

The car door opened as Sunny stepped in, turning to look at the boy sitting on the driver seat. She ruffled her hair with a smile, "How is it?"

Eric gasped as a joke, trying his best to be as dramatic with his reaction as he could be. Sunny chuckled, playfully hitting his hand. "I did a few highlights, since my blonde is fading off. I like it!" She said excitedly, as Eric reached his hand to her hair — ruffling it into a tangled mess. "Hey!" She yelled trying to brush her hair with her fingers.

Eric laughed, "Buckle your seatbelt."

His phone vibrated, a notification had been received. Sunny glanced at his phone, just barely but she could make it out from who the message was from.

"You seriously changed her name into a name like that?" Sunny said as she smiled, buckling in her seatbelt.

She would be lying if she said that it didn't hurt. Of course it did. The girl had been inlove with Eric Cooper for years. She had been next to him through tough times, always making sure he had everything he needed. A shoulder to cry on.

But she pushed past her feelings, she was joyful that he had found someone for his needs. For she had never seen him like this before.

"Don't look at my phone." Eric laughed, buckling his seatbelt, about to start the car. But then he stopped, picked up his phone to look at what Veronica had sent back.

𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜 :)

'i'm at pop's, with betty.'

Eric pursed his lips, he wasn't in the mood to hear his sister and Sunny together teasing him and Veronica, but then again.

He desperately wanted to see her again.

"We're going to Pop's."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"You don't think its awkward or anything right?" Veronica asked Betty for what had seemed the hundreth time, as the blonde girl sighed.

"I said it already, it's fine." Betty said smiling as Veronica squealed in excitement.

"Alright, I'll tell him to come here then? I think hes alone. But I don't want you to be a third wheel.." Veronica said as she pouted as Betty rolled her eyes at her behaviour. They had been talking over and over again about the same topic, — but Veronica was just worried. She didn't want Betty to feel uncomfortable.

"I think he's actually with Sunny." Betty said without a thought, as she turned to look outside the window.

'Yeah.. Sunny.. He's with her?', Veronica thought in her head.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"No teasing thank you." Eric said as he opened the car door to Sunny, a habit he had. He always made sure that he would treat her right. As a friend.

Sunny smiled a bit as she got up from the front passenger seat, Eric closing the door behind her and locking them with his car key. "No promises!" She said as she skipped to the front door of the diner, as he sighed.

Veronica looked outside the window, seeing that Eric had opened the door for the girl. She would also be lying if she said she wasn't jealous at all.

She was jealous. She also knew she didn't need to be nor she could be. The two aren't a couple, they haven't even discussed about it.

She also knew that the relationship between Eric and Sunny was completely platonic, and she knew that Eric liked her — not Sunny.

"Heya!" Sunny said sitting next to Betty as they greeted the girl. "We went to the hairdresser to get my hair done, do you guys like it?" She asked excitedly showing off her new hair.

"Its so pretty! Blonde is your color." Veronica said, trying to force a smile on her lips. Betty nodded with a smile, as she ran her fingers through Sunnys' hair. "It really is your color." Betty said.

Eric came inside the diner as he sat down next to Veronica, placing his arm around her shoulders. Sunny and Betty shared a look, as the two grinned.

"Are you dating?" Betty asked, leaning her elbow on the table resting her chin on her palm. Sunny did the same, and at this point Eric felt like he was about to be interrogated. Veronica blushed a bit at the skinship, and also because of the question.

"Yeah are you?" Sunny asked with a mischievous smile, as Eric glared at her annoyingly. He should have known that the would do this.

"You two are annoying." He managed to say after what felt like minutes of silence. He looked away from the three girls, tightening his grip a bit on Veronicas' shoulder.

Sunny leaned back in her seat as she smiled. She knew he wanted to date the raven haired girl so badly, but he barely had the courage to ask.

"Want anything princess?" He turned to look at the girl in his arms, as she looked up at him— a tint of pink staining her cheeks. The height difference they had, was very distinguishable even when they were seated.

Veronica shook her head, trying her best to keep eye contact but failed. "No, thanks." She smiled, "I ate earlier with Betty."

Eric nodded with a smile, looking at the two girls in front of him as they talked about something that had in common. Very excitingly that is.

He took his hand off of Veronicas' shoulder, as she frowned her eyebrows in confusion. He placed his hand under the table.

Placing his hand on top hers, that was resting on her thigh. She blushed a bit, but tried her best to ignore the growing warm sensation in her cheeks.

They intertwined their hands together, his being double the size of hers.

And that was all the reassurance Veronica needed.