35

With Hobie back in action as Spider-Punk, you were able to start writing stories again.
Your most recent pieces had mostly been about Spiderman with the appearance of a potential new supervillain.
Your relationship had become a lot more serious.

After taking a lot of time off work. You were beginning to get calls from different newspaper agencies all wanting a story on the Punk Spider. As your job became more demanding, you had to write articles Hobie wasn't overly happy with the risk you took by joining him at the scene. Deep down he knew he wasn't able to stop you, but he also tried to limit the risk each time.

After the most recent fight between Hobie and the supervillain who called himself spot, you were able to submit your first article in ages.

Whether it made the paper only time would tell. This was your chance to get with another agency. If they liked your work they'd contact you. So you waited anxiously for anything, you refreshed your emails frequently and would constantly glance over at your phone hoping for anything.

"Staring at the computer won't make them reply any quicker", Hobie called out to you. He wasn't even in the room. Did he have cameras set up around his house or something.

"I'm not", you called back in response.

"Sure", his voice was a lot closer this time and filled with sarcasm. Turning your head to the direction of his voice you felt his arms drape around your shoulders over the back of the couch. The initial touch startled you at first but you relaxed quickly.

"See to me that looks like your obsessively refreshing your email waiting for the reply", he teased leaning down placing a kiss on your cheek.

"So what if I was?", you replied in a teasing manner, clicking refresh one more time.

"Jeez you gotta get out of the house
Y/N and not just following me to supervillain fights either", he teased adjusting his grip on you, lifting you off the couch with ease.

"I get out plenty. In fact Mrs Snell invited me to meet for tea", you teased bragging that you had an invite and he didn't.
He let out a slight chuckle shaking his head.

"Whatever you say Y/N" as if on cue Hobie turned in a panic glancing in what looked to you just a random location.

"What's wrong?", you asked noticing the look of dread.

"Spot", he replied simply leaving the room, returning quickly in his suit.

"I'll be home soon. This shouldn't drag out too long", he explained leaving through the window.

You sat in silence for a moment still registering everything. The moment didn't last long as the chime from your computer immediately grabbed your attention. However much to your disappointment it was only an email from one of the stores you shopped at. You let out a sigh of disappointment, silently laughing at yourself for your quick reaction.

"Tell me about it", a sudden voice spoke almost directly in your ear, whipping your head in the direction of the sound you were met with the faceless man covered in black spots like a Dalmatian. You immediately created some distance, the man? Must've picked up on your immediate fear as he raised his hands in a defensive manner.

Your heart was racing, you weren't sure if you should scream or not, whether you should run or fight back? You just froze terrified of the sudden appearance of the villain.

"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you. Do you have any clue where Alchemax is?", he asked. He was so polite, for someone who was potentially destroying the world he was so friendly.

"I'm sorry. I have no clue", you struggled to mutter between stutters. He nodded in response before flicking one of the spots to the ground.

"You probably don't even have one here. I Didn't even need to make this stop. Sorry to bother you", he rambled before disappearing into the void like portal.

What just happened? You couldn't believe what you'd just seen. The supervillain wrecking havoc across the multiverse just appeared in the living room.
Your thoughts were interrupted by your ringing phone. Hobie.

"Y/N are you ok? What happened?", he questioned his words being spoken so quickly you barley understood them, his voice panicked.

He must've sensed it.

"I'm ok. Everything's ok... Spot was here", you explained but as soon as you did you were met with the beeping from your phone, the call had disconnected. Strange.

You cautiously wandered the apartment ensuring you were alone once again. Turning back to your computer you looked up the location he had asked about.
Alchemax... a fictional lab. Why would he be searching for something that isn't real? Or isn't real in this universe.

Returning to your emails you waited patiently for anything an email. Hobies return. Something.

A few minutes of staring at your emails passed before a sudden sound at the window startled you, after your previous encounter you were still jumpy.

Hobie climbed through the window, removing his mask and immediately rushing to your side inspecting you for any damage.

"He didn't hurt you did he? Are you alright?", he asked his eyes filled with worry.

"I'm ok. Everything's ok. Just a little on edge", you reassured.

Cupping your cheek he ran his thumb over your skin in a calming manner, you saw him let out a visible sigh of relief.

"Where did he go anyway?", you asked

"Back to another dimension" an unknown voice added swinging through the window. Followed by two other spider people.
You shot Hobie a questioning glance before turning back to the room full of spider people.

"Y/N. Miles, Pav and you already know Gwen. Guys Y/N", he introduced still sounding stressed.

The group removed their masks revealing, just teenagers. Was there no age limit on being a spider man or woman? They were young and had the world resting on their shoulders.

This partially explained Gwen's hostility. The other two also looked stressed, the one Hobie had pointed out as Pav looked almost sadder than the rest. Gwen still looked irritated but this time she also appeared to be more anxious.

"So you're the Y/N Hobie never shuts up about", Pav teased earning a shove from Gwen and a stare from Hobie. You were able to successfully hide your laugh, it was nice to know that he talked about you, it was quite cute even.

"I don't mean to cut this short, but we do have to go. Miguel's ready to kill us and Jess isnt happy either", Gwen spoke up glancing at her watch.
You felt your heart drop for a moment. He had to go. Who knows if he'd disappear again. Hobie picked up on your concern, shooting you a sideward glance.

"You guys get going. I've got some things to take care of here first", he assured encouraging the group to leave without him. There wasn't much argument only a few suspicious and a suggestive look but the group left.

"You need to go Hobie. Your jobs important", you explained he appeared to be arguing with himself trying to find a solution.

"I don't know how long I'll be gone
Y/N. I don't know if I can leave you for that long",

"Don't worry. I'll be fine", you reassured.

"I don't know. If I can go that long without you Y/N", he continued, averting his eyes. The comment made your heart beat a little faster taking his hands in yours you gave them a reassuring squeeze.

"You're strong Hobie, it'll be-"

"Come with me", he interrupted his voice hopeful his eyes glowing with hope.

You weren't sure it was a spider society, you weren't a spiderwoman.

"I don't know Hobie. Isn't it spiders only?", you questioned feeling the anxiety rise in your chest.

"Peter brings his daughter and we have daypasses for those who aren't spider people", he reassured trying to convince you. You thought for a moment, you would love to go, you didn't want to leave him for potentially months on end.

"What do you say?", he asked fishing out a daypass from his pocket offering it to you.