14

"Here take some of these", you said handing him a few painkillers to hopefully make things a bit more bearable. Before beginning your work. Taking cloths you washed away the blood from the wound being extra careful about how much you touched it.

"So are you going to tell me what happened?", you asked glancing at the masked man.

"Not much to tell supervillain from another world. He had swords and lots of them. To say the least he was faster than I had anticipated and he nicked me", he explained

"Nicked you?! Nicked you?! You were nearly sliced in half", you replied shocked by his calmness on the whole situation.

"I've faced worse", he continued occasionally flinching as you cleaned the area. You simply shook your head in reply still partially in shock from what you just did.

Once the area was cleaned you gently wrapped it up with a bandage.
"Now promise me you'll see someone about that", you ordered.

"I promise I'll see someone. If it gets worse",  he replied you could tell he would be grinning beneath the mask. Rolling your eyes in response you went back to the bedroom to tear apart your wardrobe to find anything suitable for him to wear.

You returned to the kitchen with a change of clothes which you hoped would fit.

"If those don't work. I have nothing else for you", you joked handing him the clothes.

"Thanks", he replied before you directed him to the bathroom. You then went back to the bedroom to clean up what looked like a murder scene and change the sheets, thankfully the blood didn't reach the mattress.

Once everything was back in order you turned to check on Spider-Punk but found him standing in the doorway.
"You feeling alright?"
"The clothes fit?" you questioned earning a nod in response. Something seemed off. You gestured for him to take a seat on the edge of the bed with you. He looked so different without his suit, yet the mask was the one thing that stayed. Though it looked out of place, you weren't expecting to see him without it.

"Yeah I'm ok. I'm great even", he replied yet his voice was lined with uncertainty.

"Y/N", he whispered turning to face you fully. Taking your hand he placed it on his cheek under the mask. You felt your heart leap. You could tell he was struggling to make a decision.

You remained silent gently running your thumb along his cheek. He let out an audible sigh.

"I thought a lot about what you said tonight", he whispered sounding almost guilty.
"I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the same. But you really don't know me
Y/N", he continued

His words made your heart raced and ache at the same time, you weren't sure what to expect. This was the most open he's been with you. Ever. Another silence fell between the two of you, it was as if he was fighting with himself he wasn't sure what decision he wanted to make. If it was the right one?

"Y/N", he spoke once more finally breaking the silence.
"I want you. To know me", he added.

Before removing his mask.

The action caught you off guard. For the first time you finally made eye contact with the man you had been longing for. His hair surprised you the most, purely because of how much there was. How did he keep it under the mask?
"Call me Hobie, Y/N", he added with a slight grin.

You felt yourself smiling like an idiot before closing the gap pulling him into a hug. You felt his arms wrap around you in return. You'd never felt safer than being in his warm embrace.

"What made you change your mind?", you asked resting your head on his shoulder feeling the slow rise and fall of his breathing.

"Something about you Y/N. No matter how hard I try I'm always drawn back to you. I tried to ignore it. Push you away. But you always came back for me", he replied feeling one of his hands run through your hair twirling the occasional strand.

"I'm ready for you to know who I am Y/N", he continued. Whilst pressed up against his chest you could feel his heart racing.

Pulling away from his embrace for a moment you did something you've waited a long time for.

You placed a cautious kiss on his cheek.
"Call it a thanks. For everytime you've saved me",
you added resting your head on his shoulder once more. You could've sworn you saw the slight glow in his cheeks but it disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

You felt yourself drifting off to sleep in his arms, you tried to fight off the drowsiness but with not much success.

"You should let yourself get some sleep", he whispered his voice low and soothing.

"I don't want to. I don't want to wake up and you not be here. Wake up and realise this was a dream", you continued struggling to keep your eyes open.

"Then I'll stay. If it means you'll get some sleep", he replied. You felt yourself smiling at his words.

Pulling yourself out of his embrace you pulled back the blankets on your bed gesturing for him to get under them. Not putting up a fight he followed your request willingly.

Pulling up the blanket you gave his hand a squeeze before turning to go to the couch.

"Where are you going?" he asked as you reached the doorway.

"You stay there. I'll sleep on the couch", you continued.

Feeling a web attach to your wrist you turned to face the seemingly proud man.

"As if I'd let you", he added reeling you toward him with a smug grin on his face.

You climbed across the bed, getting under the covers you laid on your side looking endearingly at the man before you. His smug grin was replaced by one of happiness as tucked a few strands of hair behind your ear and wrapping an arm around you pulling you in closer.

Your heart fluttered at the small action. Feeling his steady breathing on the top of your slowly lulled you to sleep. The anxiety of him disappearing was gone.

Words could not describe how you felt in this moment with his muscular arms wrapped securely around in a living way the running of his hand along your back sent shivers down your spine, or how he would play with your hair.

"I really do care about you. Hobie" you mumbled feeling yourself drift off to sleep, calling him by his name. That'd be something you'd have to get used to. Hobie.

Counting your heartbeats in silence Hobie waited for your breathing to settle into a rhythm. For the first time in a long time, he truly felt something. Once he was confident you were alseep he finally replied.

"You know Y/N I really care about you too. More than you could ever imagine", he replied before allowing himself to fall asleep.