15

You awoke to a bright light in your eye, forcing you to wake up. You noticed the small gap in the curtain as the source of this. The gentle beat of a heart reminded you of what had happened the previous night.

With his arms wrapped around you and your head on his chest. You glanced up at the man who had finally let you in. You admired his features in silence. How peaceful he looked when he was sleeping, something you never could have imagined. It had a real beauty to it.

Glancing at the time on your alarm clock you realised most of the day was already gone. You probably had a million missed calls from work. Yet you didn't care. Being here in this moment was one of the most important things to you right now.

Trying to get out of bed you carefully unwrapped one of his arms doing your best to not wake him. Once out of his embrace you sat at the side of the bed for a moment. Glancing once more at the sleeping figure.

He looked truly at peace and rather adorable if you did say so yourself. Before you could get up to go about your day a strong grip around your torso pulled you back to the bed. The sudden movement startled you a little bit you quickly settled into his touch.

"Morning Hobie", you laughed a little as he returned you to your previous position keeping you close.

"No not yet", he grumbled in response. His voice slightly deeper than usual but still just as if not more attractive.

"Well it's more like afternoon", you added looking up at the man.

"Who says we have to get up?", he teased a little before beginning to play with your hair. You felt a slight heat rise to your cheeks but you hoped it wasn't noticeable.

You wouldn't mind staying in bed with him all day. Or staying in bed with him all night. The thought definitely brought a blush to your cheeks. But you quickly tried to push away the thought before replying.

"Umm most people would", you chuckled in response trying once more to get up only to have him playfully pull you back.

"Who cares what most people think. I'm happy here and it seems you are too", he replied in a teasing manner.

Accepting you weren't going anywhere soon you settled back into his embrace. Relaxing as he continued to play with your hair.

A sudden beep startled you followed by a groan from Hobie. As he pulled away from you.

"One moment sorry love", the nickname caused your face to flush red. Your heart felt like it slipped a beat.

Before he could leave the bed however a hologram of what appeared to be a scientist appeared from his watch. Although small you could make out that the woman was furious.

"Hobie!"

"Alright Lyla let m-"

"No! You don't get to explain anything. You're lucky Miguel hasn't gone there himself", the woman you presumed to be name Lyla yelled.
"You've been summoned nearly everyday for months but you've only showed up onc-", she yelled again before going silent for a moment.

"Hobie. Is that Y/N?", she questioned her tone immediately shifting from accusing to shock. Her sudden question caused your heart to drop. How did she know you? Why would she know you? Does Hobie talk about you? A million questions ran through your head.

"No wonder why Miguel hasn't gone there. He's probably being real cautious about what he interrupts", she continued rambling.

What did she mean by that? You couldn't help but feel curious about what would be "interrupted" and who this Miguel was.

"Look Lyla you can tell Miguel I'll be there later today", Hobie said and with that the hologram gave him an annoyed look and disappeared.

"What was all that about?"

"Work", he replied getting out of bed and grabbing his suit from the nightstand.
Leaving you alone with your thoughts.

After a few minutes of overthinking Hobie returned in his suit.
"I'm sorry to cut this short Y/N but. I have to go", he added a clear tone of guilt in his voice.

"It's ok. Work is work and you clearly have an important job", you replied gesturing to his suit.

He smiled at you in return before turning and creating what looked like a portal in your house. The bright swirl of orange startled you. It looked menacing yet intriguing at the same time.

"What is that?", you asked.

"Gateway to the multiverse", he replied
"You believe me now", he joked referring to how you didn't believe him at all when he first spoke about the multiverse.

"Yeah that's proof enough for me", you laughed.

Hobie gave you one last smile as a farewell before turning to the portal.

"Wait. Hobie", you jumped up and gave the man a hug which he quickly returned placing a kiss on top of your head

"You'll come back right?", you questioned pulling away from the embrace, taking his hands in yours. A sense of anxiety had filled your heart one that you couldn't push away. Your heart ached at the thought of him disappearing. After months of yearning things were finally starting to come together you didn't want to lose it all now.
You wouldn't be able to forget. You couldn't.

"Of course I will. I'll always be around. Whenever you need me". He promise with a wink before kissing your cheek.

"I promise I'll always be there to catch you. If you fall", he continued his gaze softened into a look you'd never seen from him before. Giving you one last smile he pulled his mask back on before stepping into what you presumed to be the portal.

And disappeared.

You were left with so many questions. It was clear there was something between you, but could you ever.
Be together?
He was a superhero. He lived a double life.
Yet he trusted you enough to reveal his identity to you.
Could it ever work?
You were left with a heavy sense of anxiety. All you knew was that as soon as he came back you were going to really shoot your shot.

Make things official or get harshly rejected. It was a risk you were willing to take. If he trusted you enough to reveal himself maybe things could work out, maybe you could date a superhero.
After all it worked for superman and Lois Lane.