Episode 20: Emotions

EPISODE 20: Emotions

    August 29th, Keep your enemies closer

    Mrs. Bwana’s room was surprising. The room smelt like cheap perfume and it was decorated in only one colour, pink. There was; Pink furniture, pink cupboard, pink pencil and a pink old carpet that spread across the wooden floor. I was sitting on a pink chair that was so close to the ground that I had to stretch my legs out just to feel comfortable. Right opposite me in a high pink chair was Mrs. Bwana. She was a full German, unlike Angelina who was only half German and she was the school counselor. She had short hair, probably sporting the lesbian hairstyle. She was pale and sort of reminded me of a vampire and she was short too, around about the same height as me and I was 5’2! To be honest, my first impression of her was that she was lesbian but I quickly noticed that she had a son and it was blatant to see. She had pictures of her son and husband all over the place and it made me feel nervous as I looked up to her figure. Her thin lips stayed shut for moments and the room was filled with utter silence until the only thing I could hear was the tap of Mrs. Bwana’s pencil on her wooden desk.

‘So, you have any problems?’ she asked and she unveiled her German accent. I smiled at her accent but that only made me seem crazy.

‘Err… yeah I do and I was hoping you could help.’ I said, slowing down the speed of what I was saying as I came to the end of it.

‘Ya, otherwise you would not be here, am I right?’ she asked. The question made me seem stupid and something deep inside me was burning. I was starting to hate her.

‘So… Are you going to tell me your problem?’ she continued and the burn in my heart was starting to make me scowl which Mrs. Bwana noticed instantly and gave off a cheeky smile.

‘I’m having over excessive nightmares and It’s been giving me headaches and I can’t take it anymore, it’s annoying,’ I said. It was word vomit, the words just spilled out of my mouth and I could not help myself. It seemed like I rushed what I was saying and I didn’t expect Mrs. Bwana to understand but she nodded as she squinted her eyes.

‘Yes,’ she hissed before hunching her shoulders and crossing her arms across her waist. ‘I see. Have you had any problems recently with people?’

‘No, not really, I’ve had these nightmares since last year but I’ve finally cracked.’

‘Ahh… I see. Does this have anything with the fact you’re dating Angelina?’ she asked me. The question took me aback. How did she know about Angelina and me? I was puzzled and Mrs. Bwana’s smile was making me feel worse… way worse.

‘Come on, you didn’t think I knew?’ she said and started to chuckle at me.

‘No. No I didn’t but can we go back to my problem?’ I said, trying to make her feel stupid and childish.

‘Maybe your problem has something to do with Angelina. Maybe she is the root of your problem.’ She alleged. I got mad. All of my common sense whirled out of my body and I stood up and pointed at her.

‘Shut up! You don’t know nothing yeah! Don’t say anything about Angie! You don’t know nothing!’ I shouted and she smiled and pulled her index finger just above her upper lip and pulled of a face as if she was trying to suppress a laugh.

‘Lee… May I tell you something? Whenever you point at someone, there’s always one to four fingers pointing back at you,’ she hissed and she gave me a look before looking at the chair, giving me a blatant sign that she wanted me to sit down. I looked at my hand, which was still pointing, and I noticed what she was talking about. My middle finger, ring finger and pinky were all pointing back at me. I was breathing heavily before she gestured her hand to tell me to sit down and I did, as she wanted.