Episode 19: Nightmares 3

EPISODE 19: Nightmares 3

    August 24th 2009, The Three Musketeers

    The bond between Muksin, Mustafa and I had grown stronger. We were sort of a pack. After the fight between Muksin and Mustafa, they forgave and forgot and found one thing in common, they both liked making fun out of Tamim. Muksin and I had a lot of things in common, for one thing, we both liked computing and programming, mainly hacking but he was inexperienced and hardly knew how to program. Mrs. Bibiton hated the fact that we had formed a social group and she took it in a negative way. We were a fully functioning social group with members in their place:

*Muksin, Mustafa, Me – Leaders

*Corey – Follower

*Tamim – Group Idiot.

    It was Mrs. Bibiton’s lesson and as usual I was at the back of the class but this time surrounded with Corey, Muksin and Mustafa. I was talking to Corey while Muksin and Mustafa was as usual, making fun out of Tamim.

‘Yeah, so you have to make sure you have a permanent I.P address.’ I said, trying to make sense of designing an mmorpg to Corey.

‘I get that but I don’t understand how each server can be linked to one…’ he was interrupted by the loud voice of Mrs. Bibiton.

‘Hey, listen. We’ve got to separate you lot but you’re inseparable…’ she imitated trying to separate two magnets the size of a brick.

‘You’re like the Musketeers!’ she shouted. Everyone in class looked back at us and giggled. At that moment our social group was given a name, The Musketeers. That’s what everyone would refer to us from then on up to… well they never stopped calling us that. The down side to being ‘The Musketeers’ was that teachers thought about us negatively and we were almost bound to be talked about in every faculty meeting. It seemed like the teachers were watching us like some messed up teen show, just waiting for our every mistake. The first thing we had to do is to make sure our conversations were encrypted. We already had a solution to that problem. The previous year Corey, Mustafa and I invented a ingenious written language called scrap which was basically a encrypted version of English which was written in symbols which some we invented on our own and others that we got from other sources. The only people who knew the language were Mustafa and I since Corey had forgotten it. We only permitted Muksin to learn the language since he was the next smartest and we trusted him more. The second thing we wanted to do was to have a book where we could have our conversations written in it so we could have a history of our conversations and have a laugh about what we talked about when we were older. The solution to that came when Muksin took out an empty journal from his bag. We scratched off what was originally written on the cover and wrote: ‘The Book Of Scrap.’ Everything seemed okay that day.

    It was geography and as I said the previous year, damn that lesson was boring. So just like last year I rested my head on my arms and fell asleep slowly. I sank deeper and deeper into my sleep and I felt as if I was falling…

    There was a large thud and I landed on the floor. I wasn’t hurt though. I stood up and observed my surroundings. It was a dark scene and I couldn’t see much but a light that was like 20 yards away from me. I walked towards the light in typical movie fashion and as I came closer the more I had to squint because of the strength of the light but I kept marching on, I kept putting one foot in front of the other even though it was starting to give me a mild headache. 15 yards… 10 yards… The light was starting to fill up my whole vision and the grey clouds in the sky were starting to vanish as f the light was forming a layer over them, completely blocking them from sight. The ground was muddy and I had to struggle to continue walking. I noticed that I was still wearing my school uniform and the baggy trousers made walking in the mud even harder. 8 yards… 4 yards… The light made the pain in my head unbearable and I could feel liquid sliding down from my eyes to my chin and what made it annoying is that the tears hung onto my chin and I couldn’t wipe them off. When I was two yards away, the smell of cheap perfume became clear and the light started to dim. I slowly stopped squinting and by the time my eyes opened fully, my headache was gone too. Though I would’ve preferred squinting rather than what I saw. Angelina and Mustafa standing within centimetres from each other. Anger entered from every pore in my body and I was starting to get hotter and hotter. I walked towards them feeling the urge to punch one of them, the thing is I didn’t know who to punch, I certainly couldn’t punch a girl… could I? My right fist rose up when I was at least three metres away from them. My heart was beating fast. Just as I threw my fist a light from nowhere flashed and I was screaming. Howling in pain. All I could see is white. It felt as if someone threw a flash grenade at me. I felt my pupils contract and I felt as if my eyes were on fire. I heard a childish laugh that turned devilish and my mind went into spirals. I couldn’t think straight and all I could hear was a mumble of voices. I was sure that I was on the ground. I could feel the muddy ground. Everything felt as if it was on fire and the tears kept on flowing out of my eyes like torrents. I felt all of my happiness being drained and I wanted to see the end of the feeling. I felt a large slap across my face but that just made me violently shake. Another slap hit my face and I shook more violently. Then someone was holding my head and shaking it in their hands firmly before my eyes opened…

    ‘Oi Lee! Lee! Listen!’ I heard a sort of high-pitched voice call. My vision turned from blurry to clear within seconds and Corey’s face was in front of me. I still had a headache and my body was trying to cool down but I was sweating like a pig. I sat up straight and everyone in class was staring at me. I saw very worried eyes look into mine as if everyone thought I was possessed. Mrs. Bibiton had her mouth open and her hand held a red pen, which she continuously jabbed her upper lip with.

‘Err...’ I started but then I decided I could just excuse myself without asking. I stormed out of the room holding my head, trying to keep it from falling apart. I walked past the computer room and up the stairs to Mrs. Shindika’s office. She was shocked when she saw me and I instantly knew why. I had tears all over my face and my hair was in a mess.

‘What happened? Who did this?’ she asked and I stared at her face before saying:

‘Err miss… Can I go home please?’ she nodded and her mouth was still open. She called the reception and they called my driver and in what seemed to be a few seconds my driver arrived. My head was still throbbing and my thoughts were all over the place. ‘I need help,’ I told myself. ‘I’m tired of this bullshit.’ My head kept on replaying my dream and after a while I knew who to go to, I knew where I could get the help.