Episode 29: The Two Doors

EPISODE 29: The Two Doors

    January 18th 2010, If at first you don’t succeed…

    Angelina and I were done with all the bullshit between Ahmar and Mustafa. It was an immature relationship between them. Ahmar would like Mustafa and vice versa. But, there was always something that would make us believe that a relationship between them would be good. So on January 18th, I sat Angelina down by the benches and asked her if we could try get them together again.

‘What? Are you crazy? Remember what happened last time?’ she snapped

‘Yeah I do. And I’m sorry for that but you know what they say… If at first you don’t succeed…’ I was quickly interrupted.

‘Try, try again… yeah I know. But this is something else. All we’re doing is destroying their relationship more and more. This aint gonna be good for them. Trust me.’

‘No. Trust me. How about we do it one last time. If it doesn’t work this time then we just ditch the whole idea.’

‘I don’t know Levi… Me and Ahmar have just become friends again. I don’t want to toss that a side.’

‘I’m sure you guys will get back to being friends if it doesn’t work out and If it does you would be doing her a great favour.’

She paused for a second and was contemplating the idea.

‘Ok. But this is the last time. I’m sick of them fighting.’ I smilled at her when she said this. She gave me an unnervingly look before smilling back at me. Corey quickly joined us at the table and sat opposite me next to Angelina. Then Mustafa came with Muksin a few moments after Corey’s arrival and last but not least Sameer and Ahmar joined us. It was a big group to think of it. Ahmar and Angelina were in the middle of talking about our English project when I just spat the words I was thinking.

‘Look. Ahmar… Mustafa… Me and Angelina were thinking that you two should have one more go at it. You know… Go on a date or something. Try to revive your relationship.’

The table went quiet and it felt like the spotlight was on me. Ahmar looked down on the ground and started shaking her legs. Mustafa looked dead on straightforward as if he was trying to contemplate everything. Ahmar was the first to break the silence.

‘I don’t know. I guess I’m up for giving it another try. Though I am scared about the consequences.’ She said. ‘Well that’s one down...’ I thought. Everyone’s eyes averted from Ahmar and faced Mustafa. After a minute or two, he opened his mouth. Then he took a bite of his Kit Kat before closing his mouth again.

‘C’mon then. Are you gonna say anything?’ I spat out. I was tired of staring at him with a hungry look in my eyes.

‘Fine! I’ll go on the date under one condition. You two don’t tag along.’ His tone finalized everything. His eyes were shifting from Angelina to Me continuosly. I chuckled a bit and agreed.

‘Aight. We won’t but don’t go knocking out people alright!’ I said. Mustafa chuckled and Ahmar gave a fake smile and looked dead straight on. I knew straight away that I pissed her off but I didn’t bother apologizing. My vision quickly blurred and I felt as if I had been literally swept off my feet.

    It felt cold and awkward. I stood up and my vision cleared up a little. I was in a dark room with a bright light at the back. I know they normally warn you to not follow the bright light but curiosity killed the cat. I walked for what seemed like ages and I didn’t know where I was heading.

‘Hey you... Yeah you... Come here! Don’t be afraid.’ I heard a voice call. I walked forward and there was this short chubby man with a caterpillar as a moustache and a head that resembled Einstein.