Episode 10: Angelina or Pia

EPISODE 10: Angelina or Pia

    Pia Eriksson was half Swedish and half Tanzanian. She was around 5ft1 and had luscious brown hair and light brown eyes, like Angelina. She had a mirrored fixed face, meaning that everything on her face was in place, just perfect.

“Let’s not talk about what just happened, okay!” she said. I was feeling sick; I didn’t understand what just happened between Pia and me.

“Sure. Let’s try not to revisit this situation,” I replied. We swore to each other to never talk about what happened that day but since this is a story, it wasn’t up to us to keep it a secret, because someone was watching, and someone told Angie, something I never wanted to happen. Angie was torn to pieces when Ahmar told her what she saw. She cried and cried until she was out of tears.

“Angie, don’t cry! I’m sure you can find better, way better than him!” she tried to comfort Angie just as I was coming. I was confused to see tears all over her face. Then my heart went into panic, ‘she knows!’ I told myself over and over again. ‘I messed up!’ the words were ringing in my head.

“Angie, why you crying,” I asked, slowly approaching her before Ahmar came in-between us, blocking me from her.

“Lee, get away from her!” Ahmar shouted.

“Why? What happened?” I asked, hoping the answer was not what I thought.

“I saw you! You and Pia!” Ahmar shouted. A confused look spread across my face.

“What about me and Pia?”

“Don’t play dumb Lee! I saw your face inches away from Pia’s!” My face turned into further confusion.

“Did you see me kiss Pia?” I asked, feeling rather confident of myself.

“No. That’s cos I ran out to tell Angie,”

“Well, if you stayed a few seconds later you would’ve seen me pulling away from the kiss,”

“You what?” she asked confused.

“Yeah, I didn’t kiss Pia. I was inches away from her face, yes, but I never kissed her, cos I’m in love with Angie,”

Angie’s face lifted up and her puffy eyes looked into mine. I wasn’t lying to them, I never did kiss Pia.

“And… How. Am. I. Supposed. To. Believe. You?” she stammered.

“Ask any other witness, we were in a house full of your friends and family, ask any of them if they saw what happened, ask Pia as well, I never kissed her!”

Angelina’s sobs stopped and more importantly she kissed me and apologized for doubting me.

“It’s okay, I don’t blame you!” I told her after she apologized for the hundredth time!

    March 16th 2009, ‘When U look me in the eye’

    The Pia and Angelina business wasn’t over, the thriller continued and haunted me. As I slowly started loving Angelina more, my feelings for Pia increased. I had to keep reminding myself that I didn’t love Pia! And that I loved Angelina and that I would always love Angelina no matter what! What distinguished my feelings for Angelina than those I had for Pia was that with Angelina the feelings were mutual, but with Pia, she had a boyfriend, so there was no return of feeling, or at least I hoped there wasn’t, but I was wrong. The feeling was mutual and even when we weren’t together we couldn’t help but think about each other. Thus causing us to never waste any moment we had with each other.

“Hi Lee,” she called. I was at the back of the class alone because Angelina and Mustafa were sick, what a coincidence, you’ll learn about it later.  I looked up to see her strutting over with her hair flopping at the back of her head.

“Hi,” I replied, avoiding her eyes.

“So… what’s up?” she asked. I stared at the desk avoiding her eyes, but I could feel her gaze on my face as If she was giving out heat.

“Err… Nothing really, I was just going to erm… study,” I quickly opened my bag and searched for the spotlight science book that I stole from the school library.

“Well, can I study with you?” she asked. The question made my heart pump faster.

“Err… Okay.” She sat down next to me and I was trying to study. As I read on and on and on! I realized that nothing was getting in my head, I was completely ‘out of it’ not paying attention to her stare while I was admiring her beauty.

“Lee…”

“Yeah,”

“Are you going out this Saturday?” she asked, my heart was pumping harder and harder.

“I might be going out with Angie if she aint got nothing to do, you?” I replied.

“I might go out with my friends… or if Angie is busy I could go out with you!” It was the moment she was building up to, the moment she could corner me and she had.

“Maybe, If Angie aint got nothing to do,” I replied trying to sound as if I didn’t care at all while it was the complete opposite. My mind was looking forward going out with her but then I realized that I couldn’t, I loved Angie.

“Wouldn’t it be quite odd though?” I asked her.

“What would be odd?” she returned the question.

“Well… I’m going out with Angie and your dating that Jeremy guy, wouldn’t it be quite odd going on a date?”

“Yeah it would, sorry for asking, just forget about it!” She put me in an odd situation, as if I hurt her feelings by asking her that question.

“We could go out as friends though,” I said, trying to cheer her up and it actually worked.

“Yeah, we could,” she replied, much more happier.

We carried on studying in an awkward silence as me and her shared looks and gazes at each other.

    March 21st 2009, The Date

    Angelina couldn’t go out with me so as promised I went on a date with Pia, not knowing how everything could turn upside down on me. I arrived at her house at seven o’clock in the evening and she was ready. She was dressed a black t-shirt with a blue skirt made of denim. She performed a curtsey in front of me in her veranda.

“Hi,” she said.

“Hi,” I said back. She was almost blushing but I couldn’t tell because she had put make up on.

“So where we going out to?” she asked.

“Sea cliff, were going for pizza,”

“Oh okay,” she said, her voice a bit high pitched.

We set off for Sea Cliff and we arrived about thirty-to-fourty minutes. We took a seat and ordered pepperoni pizza because that was the only pizza we could agree on. Then the worst of what I expected to happen, happened. I saw Angelina about fifty feet away from me but she wasn’t alone. She was with Mustafa.