Episode 36: New Year, New Girl

End Of France Trip

          The France trip was epic. I think I went through a huge change. I matured mentally and physically. I believe that the France trip sort of steered my life into a good new path and I was grateful of the opportunity.

‘So where does that leave us?’ I asked Erika as she was saying her farewells to me at the airport.

‘I don’t know really. There’s a whole continent that’s gonna be in between us. It’s not really a long distance relationship if we won’t ever see each other again, is it?’ she replied. Her face looked sad and sore. She was holding in tears. It was evident. We had only gotten to know each other for four days and yet I had strong feelings for her.

‘It’s not. So this is it.’ I replied. I grabbed her hands and kissed her on her forehead.

I could hear her starting to sob.

‘Y’know, I have never been with a complete stranger before but these past few days ha-have ss-ss-seemed like ages.’ She said.

‘Yeah… they have.’ I replied. My mind was unsettled. I had just found someone who could replace Angie but all of a sudden, she was swept away from me. I had gotten my heart broken twice in a month. Just as those thoughts rolled into my mind, I started remembering the days I had with Erika.

‘So this is where you’re staying.’ She said in a cool voice as we approached the house I was living in. We were hand in hand, something I wasn’t used to doing.

‘Yeah, it’s pretty nice and comfortable.’ I Replied as I escorted her in. Her face lightened up when she saw the woman who was taking care of Corey and I. I can’t remember her name though.

‘Bonjour!’ Erika exclaimed.

‘Bonjour!’ the woman replied. They suddenly went into speaking full French and I couldn’t understand a word they were saying, so as usual. My mind wandered off as I waited for their conversation to end.

‘Can we go into your room?’ she asked. I Snapped out of my trance-like state and put my head back together.

‘What?’ I asked her. Though I did hear her the first time, I wanted her to confirm it.

‘Can we go into your room?’ she replied with an impatient tone.

‘Err… yeah, let’s go.’ I replied and took her to my room.

She sat down on my bed and patted to the spot next to her and of course, I obliged.

‘So what do you wanna do?’ she teased. I smilled at her and pecked her on the lips.

‘I think you know.’ I retorted as we were slowly breaking into a passionate kiss. I held her on her waist as the kissing got more and more passionate. We slowly rolled over onto the bed and got under the duvet. The kissing went on and on and grew in passion. Then, thoughts of Angelina came into my head and I pulled away, turned to rest on my back, facing away from Erika. ‘How am I not over her?’ I asked myself. To think that Angelina had gotten over me so quickly and had already moved onto my best friend and she had no shame in doing so. I was stuck there, feeling like shit while she was with… him.

‘What’s up? Erika asked. I turned to face her. ‘Should I tell her?’ I wondered. She deserved to know.

‘Remember the girlfriend I told you about?’ I asked.

‘Yeah, Angie right? What about her?’ she replied.

‘I never told you how we broke… how she broke up with me. It’s a simple story, she kissed my best friend and broke up with me at our prom.’