"Nooo, Arthur." I desperately and tiresomely called out as I reached for him, only to grasp at the air.

-Is everything okay Boss?" Asked Hanna in a worried tone as she got closer to me.

Letting my arm fall down on the desk, I mindlessly glared at the table for a few seconds before letting out a low, sick: "No..."

-What?! Who mess up?!" Asked the dwarf girl in a shout as she smacked the pile of papers on the desk. "I'll kick them!" She added in a loud, fiery tone.

Letting out yet another long sigh, I didn't bother to answer as my eyes started to wander around the room while avoiding Hanna as much as possible until landing on the clock.

Jumping up, my eyes shot wide open as I re-read the time and realizing:

-I'm late!" Before bolting out of my office and running down the long stone hallway of our main HQ. Navigating the Swiss-chess like structure while passing in front of dozens of different rooms and people, I used a combination of wind and earth magic to both accelerate and create platforms to jump on.

Although I knew I could have used those invisible air platforms I suddenly started manifesting, my mastery over them was less than ideal. Not only that but they had caused a few incidents in the past with many members of our organization bumping into them while walking around.

Landing in a large open, dome-like cavity in a partially controlled slide, I arrived in front of a small crowd of about 20 people from all 3 races while leaving a large cloud of dirt and dust behind me. Shooting their eyes wide open as their jaws almost fell out the group collectively let out an amazed: "wow" as they saw me.

-Our leader sure knows how to make an entry." Commented a human woman standing in an genuinely impressed tone while clapping.

Glancing at her, it took me a second to remember who she was.

-I appreciate the praises Jane, but it starts to lose its impact if you say it every time." I answered with a nonchalant, half joking tone as the constant praises for objectively mundane actions were in fact starting to get on my nerves.

-My apologies, Unity." Answered the woman in a much more formal manner as she changed her posture to stand straight up and visibly stopped herself from doing a military salute.

-I guess that those are the new recruits?" I asked while looking at the small crowd, moving my eyes from one person to the next while analyzing their stance, disabilities, magic abilities and many other facts that might matter for the job they'd have to perform.

-Indeed, I went through all the criteria you listed and selected the best." She answered in a proud tone. It seemed like she put a lot of work into selecting this batch, and, from what I can tell, it paid off.

All the people who had been selected seemed to have what it takes.

Focusing on the entire crowd I quickly reminded myself of the main point of my speech and of the image that I wanted to give.

-As you all know I am Unity, leader of the Unity organization which aims for freedom, equality and brotherhood between and within the races to create a peaceful world for us all." I explained in a harsh, commanding yet dignified tone as I narrowed my eyes to make sure they understood the importance of those ideals as our driving force. "If you are here, that means that you have been selected to become the sword of those ideals, that you will be the ones in the front line of our fights against oppression!" I added in a proud and largely over dramatic tone before continuing on about the types of mission they could be expected to do. This part then nicely allowed me to segue into my point about the high-risk nature of this work and thus, the primordial importance of training and discipline.