70 - # LACUNA

PARANORMAL LIBERATION WAR ARC
— # part four

content warnings: very descriptive gore, vomiting, and descriptions of violence.

— IZUKU COULD FEEL the searing sensation of vermillion seeping into blackwhip's shadowy form

IZUKU COULD FEEL the searing sensation of vermillion seeping into blackwhip's shadowy form.

laying prone after a barreling descent, he dug his left arm under his chest, pushing against the ground with a flat palm as he forced himself to sit up. blood lay thick in his viridian curls and dragged them low, vying with the drip slowly descending the length of his freckled cheek.

with a grunt elicited through gritted teeth, he clasped his hand around the dark tendril shot from his palm. blackwhip clung to syd's body, snaked around her waist like a rope as its smoky wisps curled up to each blotted bloodstain. the sight made him sick.

it was only a moment before blackwhip followed izuku's command, bringing her to lean against him.

his uninjured arm then rose to twine around her waist instead, battered body held aloft by his strength. izuku held her like a river holds a petal, palm cradling the back of her skull as his calloused fingers brushed away the strands of cherry-colored hair laid on her neck. two fingers curled to syd's pulse, and he stroked her hair in a gesture of relief upon feeling the faint heartbeat. izuku sighed.

"i've got you," he murmured, feeling irrevocably useless as he tried to press his other hand to the bloodied orifices littering her stomach. it was all a riptide of blood. izuku's tear blurred eyes couldn't make out where any of it was coming from. "it's okay, i'm not — i'm not letting you go."

each breath was shakily drawn. izuku scrambled to hold her body as close to his as physically possible.

katsuki roughly landed on the ground beside them, wiping the trickle of blood from his lip with the side of his sweaty forearm. the effort was futile, as more blood spilled from his mouth upon a cough shaking his upper body.

"stupid cherry head." he spat, "she's not... right?"

"she's breathing."

just as izuku's words touched the earth, a thick cloud of dust billowed through the battlefield in the distance. shigaraki's jagged tendrils dug deep into the cracks of hardened ground, a move of leverage in pulling his scorched body into the air. the villain dangled from the sky like a grotesque puppet, terrain below buckling as his power took control.

carmine eyes locked upon the three of them, shigaraki's seared hand slowly raising in preparation for an attack.

however, before the crimson energy can shine from the center point in his palm, a spiral of familiar golden light shoots through his chest. the villain's stumble was immediately followed by hado's figure appearing high above, palms outstretched far in front of her.