19 - # DEAR LITTLE SISTER

HERO KILLER ARC
- # part one

content warnings: none

- "OH, HEY! YOU'RE that suzuki girl, right?" a girl says, "congrats on getting number three!"

the other train passengers turn around, saying hello and congratulating me, and one kid even asked me to sign his school notebook.

only two days after the sports festival, and my classmates and i were practically celebrities again. at least, this time it wasn't for surviving a villain attack.

"gosh, you're a cute one, aren't you?" a woman says, patting my shoulder and twirling a strand of my hair around her finger, "is this natural? the color is amazing!"

i nod, "thank you!"

a boy- looking a few years older than i- pushes through the crowd and snaps a picture of me. "thank god we have babes to look at this year!"

"oh my gosh! your moves were crazy, me and my friends were, like, totally freaking out!" a girl squeals, a group of girls her age standing behind her.

"ah- thank you!" i smile. the girls behind her gasp, all whispering in each other's ears.

"oh, and kyoko wants me to tell you that you're pretty~!" she adds.

a violet haired girl behind her hits the side of her head, blushing furiously,"saki... stop it!"

☁️

izuku sighs, holding a grey umbrella over our heads as the rain pours down around us, "i feel like i'm barely awake..."

his gigantic casts have long since been discarded, as well as most of the bandages except for the ones wrapped around his hands. poor auntie inko had a heart attack when we saw her that night. the bandages around my own hands are gone as well, scar tissue forming and leaving pink marks where the concrete took my skin.

i scrunch my nose, about to respond when iida comes running up behind us.

"GOOD MORNING, SUZUKI! MIDORIYA!"

"woah- iida?!" izuku turns around. the sudden motion shifts the umbrella, forcing the water that sat on top to spill onto my head.

"OH MY GOSH, SYD!" he scrambles to hover the umbrella back over me, "i'm sorry!"

"it's fine..." i sigh, patting my- now damp- hair.

iida sprints past us, a lime green raincoat covering his uniform and sand-colored rain boots. "why on earth are you walking so slowly?! we're gonna be late!"

"late? but... there's still five minutes until the first bell!"

izuku grabs my hand, tugging me along as we jog behind the class representative. as much as i hate rain, i'd much rather be walking through it, not splashing all the groundwater onto my shoes and letting it seep into my socks.