22 - # KIDS V.S. KILLER

HERO KILLER ARC
- # part four

content warnings: descriptions of blood/stabbing.

- "MIDORIYA, PLEASE! DON'T get involved." iida winces, his body frozen to the cement under the hero killer's quirk. "this doesn't have anything to do with you!"

izuku turns around sharply, "iida... what are you saying?"

stain huffs, "you showed up to save your friend's life." he chuckles half-heartedly, "you even made a big entrance. but i have a duty to kill him and this so-called pro. when your friend chose to fight me- it guaranteed that the weaker of us would be culled."

izuku gasps, shrieking through clenched teeth.

"so, what will you do?" the hero killer seethes.

'he's different from the villains who attacked us before.' izuku's hand tightens around his phone, held behind his back. 'those are the eyes... of a fanatic.'

the quiet clicks of his phone fill the suffocating silence- the hero killer being pushed back too far to hear them- as he glances back to send a message, and slides the phone securely in his pocket.

☁️
📍HOSU CITY, MAIN PLAZA

my blood runs cold as my phone buzzes in my pocket.

i hand off the civilian to an officer, and quickly turn around to open the message.

* IZUKU HAS SENT HIS LOCATION!

shoto peers over my shoulder as i click on it, the bright red pin atop a back alleyway five minutes from where we stand.

"what does this mean?" shoto says, covering his mouth from the smoke as civilians trample themselves trying to get away from the danger.

"i don't-" i whip around as a car skids into a streetlight, the woman coughing as she shakily tries to pull out of the car.

i push the phone back into my pocket and rush to the car's side, using my quirk to pry open the door and help her out of the seat. she trembles, blood leaking from her temples. shoto quickly puts out the flames with a shot of ice as i hand her over to a paramedic.

"did he say anything?" shoto says, defusing the fire.

"no," i huff, wiping the sweat from my forehead,

"why would he just send you a random location?"

i shake my head, tugging my hair back and tying it in a hasty ponytail- screw the support team- "i don't know... unless..."