9 - # HEROIC ENTRANCE

U.S.J. ARC
— # part three

content warnings: descriptions of injury & violence.

ALL MIGHT'S STEPS echoed throughout the USJ.

his lips were stretched to a frown, smoke fizzing off of his form as he ripped off the bright blue tie and his yellow blazer, tossing it aside and staring down at the central plaza. "have no fear students... because i am here."

mineta choked out a long sob, "look! we're saved!"

"ribbit!" asui exclaimed.

izuku took in a sharp breath beside me, his body frozen unnaturally still, "he's here... all might..."

the villains turned as well, eyes narrowed up at the hero. shigaraki's expression was twisted into a glare, voice lowered to a deep hiss. "after all this waiting... the heroic piece of trash shows up."

all might dashed down the stairs and quickly knocked out the remaining villains in several swift punches, picking up our teacher and hoisting him into his arms. in another flash, the four of us were ripped from the water and carried off to the pavement leading up to the staircase.

"everyone back to the entrance, and take aizawa with you. he doesn't have much time." all might said.

the words didn't register to izuku, however, as he stared up at the number one hero in wonder. "you saved us, all might."

"come on," i whispered, aizawa's arm slung around my shoulders as i grabbed onto his wrist.

he quickly nodded and rushed to my side, taking our teacher's other arm and supporting his body weight, before gasping sharply and whipping around. "all might, you can't! that brain villain took one for — uh — i smashed him and didn't break my arm this time, but he wasn't fazed at all! he's too strong!"

"young midoriya," all might glanced at us from over his shoulder, lifting his hand and giving us a thumbs-up. "i got this."

and with that, the four of us were sent to carry our teacher's beaten and broken body up the tall staircase leading to the entrance. his arm was swollen and splotched with color that paled with the rest of his complexion, grunts of pain escaping as i gripped his injuries.

"sorry, sir." i said, voice hushed as i wrapped an arm around his waist. forced to press against his ribs, broken and bruised as well, aizawa let in another sharp intake of breath. "just a little longer, i'm really sorry."

the echoes of battle shot out from behind us, blasts and explosions ricocheting off the pavement below the central plaza and sending concrete flying all around.

i kept my gaze on the ground, the voices of my friends being drowned out as i focused on my breathing, on my teacher, on the fight going on in the distance — anything but the searing pain in my neck that seemed to only be getting worse. absentmindedly brushing my fingertips over my neck, they jolt and curl away from the sudden flash of pain.