17 - # SUZUKI V.S. BAKUGO

SPORTS FESTIVAL ARC
- # part seven

content warnings: fighting, injury (mentioned concussion.)

- BLOOD SPURTS FROM the blond-haired man next to izuku as we all rush inside the nurses office

- BLOOD SPURTS FROM the blond-haired man next to izuku as we all rush inside the nurses office. izuku's face is twisted in pain, his eyes snapped shut. both of his arms are tightly wrapped in bandages and his left leg in a splint.

"are you okay?" i gasp, "oh- hello!" i wave, smiling at the man at izuku's bedside.

"it's nice to meet you, sir!" ochaco says.

the man smiles nervously, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand and waving at us with the other, "uh- yeah."

"he's in no state for visitors." recovery girl tuts.

izuku opens his eyes, his voice raspy and broken as he whispers, "hey, you guys. shouldn't you be watching the matches?"

"you're much more important than those! we can rewatch them on tv later!" i exclaim.

iida nods vigorously next to me. "and plus, the stage is far too damaged! they're taking a quick break to repair it now."

mineta sneaks up behind us, pointing at izuku, "that match was the scariest thing i've ever seen in my life, midoriya..."

"we were literally attacked by villains trying to kill us two weeks ago." i deadpan.

he ignores me. "what pro's gonna want a sidekick that hurts himself?"

tsu sticks her tongue in his ear, "now you're just rubbing salt in his wounds. probably not a good time-"

"- HEY! i'm just speakin' the truth!"

recovery girl sighs, smacking our legs with her cane, "you're much too noisy! i know you're worried, but i've got to focus on surgery now-"

"SURGERY?!"

"go on! get out of here!" she yells.

"but isn't surgery- like- a big deal?!"

"will his wounds be healed?"

"he shouldn't be alone!"

"ribbit..."

SLAM!

☁️
📍UA, SPORTS STADIUM

[ "NEXT UP! FROM CLASS 1-a, SYDNEY SUZUKI!" ]

i sigh, shaking my hands in a poor effort to calm my mind as i enter the battle platform once again. izuku's surgery is going well- from what i've heard from ochaco- but besides that, i had no information.