62 - # REDAMANCY

JOINT TRAINING ARC
— # part six

content warnings: none.

— THE FOUR OF us were currently residing in a counseling room, one with warm natural light seeping through the low windows and swimming with the soft scent of herbs in the tea all might had prepared for us

THE FOUR OF us were currently residing in a counseling room, one with warm natural light seeping through the low windows and swimming with the soft scent of herbs in the tea all might had prepared for us. it was soft and comforting, even despite our topic of conversation.

the ceramic cup felt warm in between my palms as i took a quiet sip, hot liquid burning my tongue. katsuki was seated beside me on the forest green couch, our knees pressed together. we wouldn't have to be so close if he'd decided to sit normally instead of slouching to the side, but the blond is as stubborn as always, even after character development.

izuku (my best friend that i am maybe in love with) was sitting on the other side of katsuki, his eyes locked onto the tea in his hands and cheeks flushed a healthy shade of red.

the former number one leaned forward, elbows resting on his knees. "to think that young suzuki is connected to that is quite the stretch. however, this could also explain to one for all somehow evolving."

"so, did you know about this, all might?" katsuki snapped, draining the cup in one sip. "about the dark energy, the person deku spoke to?"

"i'd hardly heard of them before— a predecessor with a shaved head?" all might sighed, rubbing his forehead with the side of his wrist. "the person who had the quirk before my master was a young man with black hair. i don't think she knew of the other quirks living in one for all, either."

"and cherry head's power?" katsuki pressed.

all might fell quiet for a moment. "this is all uncharted territory."

"great, these idiot scums are the first ones to go out of control." katsuki grumbled, slamming the cup onto the coffee table and gesturing to izuku and i.

"hey, that's enough." all might chided.

katsuki waved his hand dismissively, turning to face izuku. "think harder. you must've noticed something that triggered blackwhip."

izuku sighed, his shoulders slumping as if a weight had been put on them. "i don't think so. but the man i talked to said 'now's the time,' so... maybe there's something in the world that's making this happen?"

"something in the world?" my head tilted, eyes flitting to the former number one hero in curiosity. "could it have something to do with all for one?"

all might scowled to himself, shifting his gaze to the carpet. this caught both katsuki and izuku's attention, their quiet argument immediately ceasing as the blind glanced at me from over his shoulder.