CHAPTER 13 - The Gift

KARTHIK

I stood frozen when she hugged me, all of a sudden. Not to hide, I was over the moon with her sweet gestures. 

I was really lucky!

Pulling back, I threw a glance at Priya. She was extremely beautiful with those earrings kissing her cheeks whilst the latter were blushed.

Making her blush became my part-time job!

"I really loved your gift," she mumbled, after a while.

I shook my head and exclaimed, "Not yet! There's more to come!"

Her eyes widened at my words. "What? Really?"

I nodded in response as my eyes fell on my watch. It was already half past 11. 

Diverting my sight to Priya, I said, "Come, we have to leave."

"Huh?" 

I dragged her towards my bike, aftermath we left the dam. All the while, she was holding me, tight which made my heart flutter.

As the wind gushed, I took a left turn. After an hour or so , we reached the spot. 

Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve, Kalakkad.

"Oh my goodness! Karthi! This is my favourite place," Priya exclaimed and I chuckled at her excitement.

The topography of Kalakkad was marked with numerous perennial hill streams originating from the rainforest areas on the upper slopes and they confluence to form the rivers of Thamirabarani, Manimutharu, and Ramanadhi. 

 Priya admired the picturesque landscape and I admired her. We spent an hour there, sightseeing and clicking pictures.

"Priya, it's time! Let's leave," I said.

She pouted. "Why? It's too soon. We didn't even take a strode to Agasthiyar falls."

Throwing a smile at her, I muttered, "We have to visit two more spots. Besides, it's time for lunch. If you are that excited about it, I'll bring you here after marriage."

She tucked the loose strand of hair behind her ears, her eyes, downcast.

A moment later, she said in a meek voice, "Let's leave."

Time skipped and we had our lunch in a nearby restaurant. It was almost three, then. As per my plan, I took her to the Nellaiappar Temple.

Afterall, Tirunelveli was known for Lord Shiva's temple. As soon as Priya sensed the location, a beautiful smile bloomed on her face.

Leaving behind our slippers, we entered the temple premises. I bought an archanai thattu (An offering to God).

Since it was noon, there wasn't much crowd. Mornings and evenings are usually busy as people visit the temple during those time slots.

After offering prayers, we revolved around the temple, thrice. It was our belief that, we should amble around the temple three times.

Though I didn't know the reason, I was taught by my parents to do so. Thus, I follow the same.

"Karthi," Priya called.

"Yeah?"

"Bend down," she said.

I raised one of my eyebrows. "Why?"

"Just do as I say."

I looked at her dubiously whilst bending down slightly. She forwarded her ring finger and applied the sacred ash on my forehead.(Thirneer/Vibhuti)