CHAPTER 2 - Midnight Talks

PRIYA✨

HOUR FOUR⏳

My eyes fluttered open due to some noises. Turning around, my hand got hold of my phone. It was 12.47 am. I yawned and got up, seating myself in the compressed area. 

Suddenly, I had the urge to use the restroom so I slowly got down the berth only to be met with Karthik. He was sleeping with his left hand under his head and his mouth was open slightly.

'He looks kinda cute' I thought. 

Shrugging off the thoughts, I made my way towards the restroom. But unfortunately, there were three guys blocking my way. One of them, was smoking and the other one was giving some weird looks. 

My heart palpitated in fear and my palms sweated. Immediately, I rushed outside but a hand held mine which made me frightened.

"Hey girl! Wa.... Want.. something?" came a drunken voice.

"N-no," I stuttered.

They burst out laughing while I wasn't able to withdraw my hand. His grip tightened and my wrists became red with irritation.

Composing myself, I told, "Please leave me! Or..."

"Or? What will you do? Call police?" saying he laughed again.

Come on, Priya! Woman up! You can!

Gathering some courage, I punched him as hard as I could and he fell with a thud. The remaining guys held my hands and pushed me against the entrance.

I tried my best to withdraw my hands but I couldn't. I closed my eyes when the man I punched came near me. Alcohol smell hit my nostrils and I turned my head towards my right in disgust.

But before he could get closer, a hard punch landed on his jaw while I removed my hands from their hold.

I looked up to see....

Karthik?

What was he doing here?

'That doesn't matter. He has saved you. You should be thankful.' my mind spoke. It was right though. Wavering my concentration to him, I mumbled, "Karthik?"

He just took hold of my hand, hiding me behind him.

What's with everyone holding my hand today? Huh!

"Hey! Who are you man? Leave otherwise.." before the scoundrel could speak further, he was slapped by Karthik.

"You should be apologising but you have the audacity to argue, huh?" said Karthik in a stern yet furious voice.

The men looked frightened and the train halted which made them rush out. I sighed in relief while Karthik glared at me.

Raising one of my eyebrows, I queried, "What?"

Taking a deep breath, he spoke, "Enna vaathu Koli ntu? Na varala na enna aairukum. Konjam careful ah iruka vendama?"

(What what? What would have happened if I didn't come? Can't you be a bit careful?")

I pouted and said, "What can I do? It's not my fault. I just wanted to..." 

Just then I remembered for what I came here. Instantly, I rushed to the restroom. 

Innum konja neram aairundha en bladder avlodhan. After washing my hands, I went outside only to be met with him...

(If it took some more time, then my bladder...)

Wiping my hands with my kerchief, I said in a meek voice, "Thanks!"