CHAPTER 9 - Shopping

PRIYA

I literally enjoyed his annoyance. But on a serious note, it's clear that he was oblivious about me being his bride.

That was the interesting part and I really wanna surprise him, directly during the engagement. Presently, I was getting ready for shopping.

Yeah! The engagement plus marriage shopping. Though there was a 99.9 percent chance that Karthi can see me, I still wanted to enjoy my shopping. After all, it's my engagement!

"Priya! Ready ah?" came my bestie's cheery voice.

I yelled back, "Yes!"

Looking at the mirror, I adjusted my dupatta and let my hair cascade on my shoulder. I was dressed in sky blue salwar and silver jhumkas adored my ears. 

Satisfied with my appearance, I left towards the hall where my parents and Sita were waiting.

"Azhaga irukka ma," Appa (Dad) told making me smile in response.

(Looking beautiful.)

"Pinna? En ponnu aache!" Amma (Mom) commented and we all burst out laughing.

(Obviously! She's my daughter.) 

Aftermath, we all got on our car and started our trip to the shop. Throughout the journey, I was constantly thinking about Karthi. How would he react on seeing me?

Sita's whisper brought me back to the present world. "In which world are you?"

I stayed quiet and she continued, "I found whom you are thinking about. Karthik, right?"

Seeing her smirk, I commented, "Japan kaaran ennanamo kandupudikuran. Naai edha kandupudichuruku paaru!"

Her eyes widened and she hit me slightly making me chuckle. 

Silly girl!

Finally, after a travel of about an hour, we reached our destination. I was still nervous about Karthik's presence but then, Athai (Mother in law) told he went to meet his friends. 

Thank God!

He didn't come, otherwise, I will have to face him.

Jiffies later, the saleslady spread out the Marriage collections while my mom and athai started their selection round, eagerly.

The men, I mean, dad and Mama (Father in law) were in men's section.

Three hours later, our shopping finally came to an end. Seriously! I was so tired and irritated with the repeated trials.Only God knew how much sarees I have tried, since morning.

By the way, I and Vinaya got along well. She was literally roasting her brother. She was the exact opposite, of what Karthi described.

I love her!